Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:01:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

I'm Writing A Book, Yay

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Writing A Book, Yay  (Read 629 times)
Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 9

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2007, 07:11:54 pm »

Yeah, I started it a few days ago, and I have about 5 pages done (single spaced, so you know it's good). The only problem is, I just found out it's kind of like Bridge to Terabithia. If you haven't read that book, you fail.

However, the kids in mine are 4 years older, it spans over like 3 years, there's no imaginary worlds, they like each other, it centralizes around a tree, and it takes place in the near future, like 2020 or so, whereas Terabithia was about 10 year olds with no relationship (the movie lied), they imagine stuff, [spoiler]the girl dies,[/spoiler] and takes place in the 70's.

Is this different enough to constitute an original idea? I didn't realize the similarities until after I began.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 08:58:53 pm »

Its like the difference between Harry Potter and other magical children's book rip-offs...
the difference between Pokemon and Digimon...

If those guys got away with it, its fine for you to do so.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 12:53:16 pm »

Just keep writing it. Let's see how it turns out. And yeah, the Bridge to Terabithia movie was depressing. They may as well shout: "YOUR LIFE SUCKS!" and then roll the credits.
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 09:51:33 pm »

Just keep writing it. Let's see how it turns out. And yeah, the Bridge to Terabithia movie was depressing. They may as well shout: "YOUR LIFE SUCKS!" and then roll the credits.

That was only really sad because Jess actually loved the girl... Um... I forgot her name. In the book they were just friends so I didn't really care.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 04:46:27 pm »

i always thought about writing a book but I havnt yet...
anyway good luck and maybe u will think of more stuff that sets the book apart from other books while u write it
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 06:20:48 am »

Oh yeah, I remember we where talking about this.

Glad you kept writing instead of giving up, even though yours sounds like BtT.

Also, I stopped writing the book that I told you I was working on, because I found one that I had started writing a long time back and continued work on it.

I have like 2.5- 3 pages. Also single spaced.
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 09:57:26 pm »

I might scrap the one I'm on now, cuz I had a much better idea the whole time which I've never heard of before, so I hope it's totally original.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 06:59:55 pm »

I decided today to start rewriting Inferno Hacker. I'm switching names and stuff, and replacing Blaze with BlazingWyvern (although his nickname is still Blaze =P ). I guess I'm way better at writing than two years ago lol
Looking back, my grammar was horrible >_<

Hopefully your new idea works.
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 08:26:01 pm »

I decided today to start rewriting Inferno Hacker. I'm switching names and stuff, and replacing Blaze with BlazingWyvern (although his nickname is still Blaze =P ). I guess I'm way better at writing than two years ago lol
Looking back, my grammar was horrible >_<

Hopefully your new idea works.

Will you email me the old one pretty please?
Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Internets: -69

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 05:36:33 pm »

Hey! I'm writing a book too and I've been writing it for about six months and it's already seventy-one pages long single-spaced so I skooled you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Yeah, das right. Da Laffinator.
BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 07:18:56 pm »

Hey! I'm writing a book too and I've been writing it for about six months and it's already seventy-one pages long single-spaced so I skooled you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I can imagine all the run-ons you must have. Besides that, most of the pages must've been filled with exclamation marks.
Good job!
Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 10:16:18 pm »

Yeah, I can imagine all the run-ons you must have. Besides that, most of the pages must've been filled with exclamation marks.
Good job!
You really have it in for me, don't you?

Angry

Just for spite...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 03:32:15 pm »

Good job!

Angry

Just for spite...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If that's what you want to believe. I was actually congratulating you on being committed to writing a book for six months. That's not easy to do.
Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 03:39:35 pm »

Good job!

Angry

Just for spite...

If that's what you want to believe. I was actually congratulating you on being committed to writing a book for six months. That's not easy to do.
whatev
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 11:29:54 pm »

Good job!

That doesn't sound like a sincere congratulations, I must say, good sir.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum