Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:45:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

SUPERPOWERS

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERPOWERS  (Read 825 times)
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 04:05:06 pm »

With Fire, not only would I be able to mold it into various things like wings to enable myself to fly, but I'd also be able to make it hot enough to evaporate water. I'm not talking candle fire, I'm saying fire that I have complete control over, temperature and all. So no, I wouldn't get burned by it.

Fire doesn't have any mass (or at most a TINY bit), so no, you couldn't fly.
EXCUSE ME BUT HOT AIR RISES

Also, Zro, you can't win debates by using insults you gleaned off of 4mez. Think or don't post.
Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 05:48:29 pm »

I made that up all by myslef. I have never been to anything in 4c@an other than the /b/, and even then, not that often. I'm a 420 kinda guy.

@Blazing
0A.  Even with fire, you will still age as well, thus that statement is not worth debating.
A.    Just as you can control every aspect of fire, I can control the point I warp to. That being said, I HATE dinosaurs, even if I had my power, I would never go back to those eras.
B.    Same principle, I wouldn't go that far, and even if I did, it takes 26 seconds to suffocate for an average human in space, by that time I would have warped back.
C.    I am not an idiot and would not debate about those things. Also, epic comeback 0A. applies here as well.
D.    http://www.britannica.com/ebc/article-9357946

With my time warp I will be able to go whenever I want. Go see an anchient Roman battle, witness the birth of CARPENTER, watch a live Harry Houdini show, make acquaintances with Hitler, as well as be able to go forward in time, which may prove handy if I wanted to see what the questions on an upcoming test would be, or figure out at what time we will be able to produce dark matter at will. I could also improve my knowlege of anything I want as well. Being part of a historical even is much more efficient than learning about it from a book. 

In case you want to come up with some lame comback where you say that I can't warp to diffrent PLACES, just times, and that my clothes and stuff won't be with the times, my rebuttle is. The first thing I would do with my powers is go forward into time when there is a widely used form of supersonic transportation, and with this I could go wherever I want. To buy clothes and stuff, I would get my money from taking (stealing?) stuff from the past or future and selling it to the present. It's either gonna be really antique and rare, or somethign ingenious and futuristic to the people of the present. And yea, no adverse affects, so I could take the constitution, sell it to the british in 1772 and tell them what the English are planning for 50,000,000 pounds (moneies, not weight). Then I would return to a present U.S.A, unaffected by my scheme.
Other than these things, I would just live my life as it is, with no other freakish-qualities, which I think would be perfect. You on the other hand...

Would be that freaky kid that can shoot fire out of his hands. Sureee, you can boil a pot of water faster than a stove, but so what. I could just warp forward in time to a point where the water had already been boiled, eat my rice (or whatever) and go back, contempt with my meal. The wing thing, man....if someone saw a kid just flying around in the air with huge roaring flames on his back:
A. They would be frightened and blame it on some religious apocalyptic **** and cause a panic. All superhero movies will tell us that people only like freaks when they are saving them, never when they are just 'around'.
B. They would call the mothafucking police to have to taken away. Accompanied by the U.S. Armed service, of course. 300,000 troops pointing their weapons and tanks at you. What you gonna do? Fight back, your ****. Run away, your **** and lonely. Die? Oh dear, you fail.

Your power isn't fit for today's kind of people, they wouldn't view you in a positive way. Here, I'll go forward in time and check out when they will. *Poof*.

(P.S.) Oh and Blazing, what the hell is it with you and wings? Do you have some sort of repressed sociopathic tendency to fly away from the world and leave everyone behind. One sec, lemme get Solmu's psychiatrist on the phone for you.

(P.S.S) Had to put a Solmu attack in there. Peace out.

EDIT:
It would heat the air all around the fire, which means in order for him to get lift he would need tohave some sort of material to restict his fire from advancing its heat upwards, such as metal outlines of wings. That kind of defeats the point.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 05:55:47 pm by Zro » Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 08:00:45 pm »

It would heat the air all around the fire, which means in order for him to get lift he would need tohave some sort of material to restict his fire from advancing its heat upwards, such as metal outlines of wings. That kind of defeats the point.
Not if he can control the fire to stay near his body. It would heat the air all around him, thusly producing upward lift.

This IS possible, just with extremely high amounts of heat. Since he claimed he can make it as hot as he wants without it burning him, flight would be easy.

Also, you are currently in the timeline. If you don't 'have any adverse effects', then you can never alter it while you are in the timeline. Meaning you will never be able to move said Constitution, because the next part of the future would have already been written. Also, you couldn't bring a futuristic weapon back because it never existed then, and its existence would be an alteration.

Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 08:04:47 pm »

You are thinking 4 dimensionally. I'm thinking in the 6th.. Look it up.

EDIT:
http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php
Proves my point, and is also a really good video ^.^. Ignore the flatlanders though, its only confusing, lol.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 09:02:47 pm by Zro » Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 02:07:27 pm »

First off, when I was asking if it was a debate, I was directing the question to Petroid, the one who started the topic.
Second, why did this all of a sudden became a Blaze-Sucks thread?
Third, wings would work because, like I said, I control every aspect of the flame, so mass could be included. Why? It's a super-power. Need I explain more? (It's not a hamburger griller, it's a super-power.)
Fourth, Zro got that video from Ark.
Fifth, yeah, I know I'm going to age, but I was pointing out that after constant use of time-travel, if you try to return to your own time, you'll be way-freakin' old and you won't be able to reverse it.
Sixth, you're body would freeze in space before you could warp back through time, leading to insta-death in a very odd way.
Seventh, why think in six-dimensions when time IS in four?
Eighth, your power is the power to:
Ability to warp between events in the time-line of the universe with no adverse effects.
as you said, but this does not include warping through space. So, my first point is that, seeing as you choose to warp through time, you can only warp through time from where you live, unless you feel like walking a very long ways. My next point is that, theoretically, if you can't warp through space AND time, then warping through time would have to be precise, seeing as the Earth revolves around the sun, and if you warp at the wrong time, you'll end up stuck in space... again.

Going back to being able to fly using fire, hot air DOES rise, like Solmu said, and seeing as I can summon a large enough amount, I'd be able to fly, with or without wings. Plus, the fire could be used to propel myself up by summoning fire in a downward direction (equal and opposite force, kind of like a rocket). Either way you look at it, I'd be able to fly.
And I didn't pick fire for it to be a cliche, I think that it would just be interesting to be able to actually control fire, just not in the way of the comic-book heroes. Going from the second thing I addressed, I don't understand why it couldn't be about complimenting other superpowers, because believe me, although time-travel would be awesome, it too is a huge cliche, even bigger than control over fire. Just saying.

And the ability to make pie whenever you want owns ^_^.
Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 03:55:59 pm »

Second, why did this all of a sudden became a Blaze-Sucks thread?
Meh, it's not. But I knew that if I questioned Petroid's he would give back some thing of less depth than what you would have, and it would probably be in all caps.
But I chose you, and now we filled the forums up with 2 pages of good old debate ^.^
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 05:49:55 pm »

Woah lets not forget what this post is about, SUPERPOWERS.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 06:58:03 pm »

Woah lets not forget what this post is about, SUPERPOWERS.
Yeah, but you put it in debate.

Also, Zro, that video is based entirely on one theory. There are a bunch of them, that is just the most popular. But that's for another thread.

Even if that was true, you still made it so you can't have any effects in the future. A moment in time is part of the future, meaning you couldn't do anything when you went forward or backward in time, and you would starve to death. Although you couldn't feel it because thinking would be an action.

Whoops. You have the power of suicide.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 11:12:51 pm »

It is I thought i put it in general... what ever
Report Spam   Logged
ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 08:42:15 am »

ok
1) the tenth dimension ROCKS!!!!!!! like the coolest thing ever

2) My superpower would be...
the ability to adapt to be able to beat anybody at anything instantly with the ability to go back any time with no adverse affects.

for instance, against Mr. Fire, I would envelop us in water and/or give myself fireproof skin.

and against Mr. Timewarpy guy, I would gain lazervision that can travel through time and space as I choose along with the ability to track you through time and space.

also, I would be able to beat anybody at ANYTHING, including any video game ever invented.

also this power would give me the ability to alter the timeline so that it would be impossible to kill any of my ancestors or me before this point in time.

hahahhahhahahahah PWNED
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 10:46:42 am »

ok
1) the tenth dimension ROCKS!!!!!!! like the coolest thing ever

2) My superpower would be...
the ability to adapt to be able to beat anybody at anything instantly with the ability to go back any time with no adverse affects.

for instance, against Mr. Fire, I would envelop us in water and/or give myself fireproof skin.

and against Mr. Timewarpy guy, I would gain lazervision that can travel through time and space as I choose along with the ability to track you through time and space.

also, I would be able to beat anybody at ANYTHING, including any video game ever invented.

also this power would give me the ability to alter the timeline so that it would be impossible to kill any of my ancestors or me before this point in time.

hahahhahhahahahah PWNED
Hey man, I bet that I can die faster than you.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 10:23:51 am »

OH NO

BOOOOOOOOM *Ark Implodes*

jk.
you must assume I have the same control over these powers as other people would have over their powers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum