Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:18:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyone, get Xfire and PM Blaze or Solmu to get into the "Xfire Clan" so we can chat on there and play games!
www.xfire.com Keep in mind you have to download it.

Of course, only Windows users need to worry about viruses when they download this, because Mac's can't download it at all.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

MAC VS WINDOWS

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: MAC VS WINDOWS  (Read 1490 times)
ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 04:01:50 pm »

plus, his mod is one of the most successful and most downloaded mods of all time. I beleive he told me that if he had decided to charge for the game he would have made a large sum of money by this point. (I forget the exact number but it was calculated taking into account that there would have been less downloads)

He may be knowledgeable, yet apparently still a dumba$s.

lol. it would be more difficult to set up a money system especially since he is under 18. it is generally not a good idea to get on his bad side, because most of his connections are skilled hackers and at one word they can pretty much kill any computer in the world that is connected to the internet. you might want to have the post deleted before I tell him about this debate he might not like that comment. and yes I am going to tell him about this debate just so you guys can meet him. although he might just ignore it cuz he is very busy
Report Spam   Logged

MSEagle2
Noob

Internets: 3

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 04:31:27 pm »

hey,
im the
dumba$s
Smiley

first im not stupid.  Yes i could make money but why should i do that.  I have no need for money, and i do this for fun with many of my friends.  You my friend are the dumbass for thinking money will make you happy Smiley

Now the debate.

Mac is generally for things such as photoshop, maya, 3dsmax, etc...  Windows can do those as well but it isnt dedicated for such things.  Windows runs games, and mac can as well but it needs the "boot camp" software to convert it to a windows hybrid.  IMHO i would choose windows.  Only real reason for me to ever get a mac is if a modeling, or texture program comes out on mac but not windows...and that program is uber compared to windows ones.  Now onto vista.  Vista is essentially windows 98, for windows XP... in other words 98 was just a patch for 95, thus vista is just a patch.  It is very good if you get the 64 bit version as you can use 4 gigs of ram, while 32 bit can only use 2 gigs...anything more than 2 gigs wont affect the performance with 32.  Personally i will get vista in about a year when its cheaper, then get the next version of windows in 2010/2012(estimated release date).  Now if you do not like eaither of them, go with linux.  Many of my modding friends like linux because it can run windows related things(but not all windows programs are completed for it) and it is stable...not to mention most releases are free.
Report Spam   Logged
ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 04:40:02 pm »

omg omg omg omg omg

GOD HAS SPOKEN.

yes. u guys are lucky the awesome and amazing MSeagle2 has graced your boards with his presence.

I think this debate is over

edit: he also said the cookies on this site are really messed up or something......
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:42:20 pm by ArkofCovenant » Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 07:47:05 pm »

Money doesn't make people happy, but it sure as hell makes it easier to get there.

most of his connections are skilled hackers
Bring it, I got the FBI on speed dial, lol.

I gots no beef with anyone, Im a laid back kind of person, haha.

So MSEagle, what game is this 'uber-mod' for?
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 08:56:09 pm »

omg omg omg omg omg

GOD HAS SPOKEN.

yes. u guys are lucky the awesome and amazing MSeagle2 has graced your boards with his presence.

I think this debate is over

edit: he also said the cookies on this site are really messed up or something......
You, my friend, are very easily impressed. Also, his hacker friends could not 'kill' any computer connected to the internet, unless they walked to the person's house with a shotgun.

Now on to debate with MSEagle. Cheesy

Quote from: MSEagle2
Mac is generally for things such as photoshop, maya, 3dsmax, etc...  Windows can do those as well but it isnt dedicated for such things.  Windows runs games, and mac can as well but it needs the "boot camp" software to convert it to a windows hybrid.  IMHO i would choose windows.  Only real reason for me to ever get a mac is if a modeling, or texture program comes out on mac but not windows...and that program is uber compared to windows ones.  Now onto vista.  Vista is essentially windows 98, for windows XP... in other words 98 was just a patch for 95, thus vista is just a patch.  It is very good if you get the 64 bit version as you can use 4 gigs of ram, while 32 bit can only use 2 gigs...anything more than 2 gigs wont affect the performance with 32.  Personally i will get vista in about a year when its cheaper, then get the next version of windows in 2010/2012(estimated release date).  Now if you do not like eaither of them, go with linux.  Many of my modding friends like linux because it can run windows related things(but not all windows programs are completed for it) and it is stable...not to mention most releases are free.

Mac is not generally made for these things. What it is marketed as is a computer that can do everything. Although it does have the programs that you listed, they were originally coded for Windows and were cross-platformed. Likewise, Windows is not a gaming machine. It began as mainly a word processor, until that became one of its features, along with gaming, graphical art, and eventually the internet. I am not quite sure what this 'Boot Camp' is, but I am assuming it is a VirtualPC like software. These emulate the codec of Windows, and not only do they allow the play of games on Mac's, but the ability to understand executables.

I agree with you whole heartedly about Vista. It is a step forward for XP, a small step, but a step none the less. I myself hope to upgrade to Vista with I get a new computer, but I have a copy of XP professional that I should probably use first. Cheesy

Also, most things do not come out only for Mac, seeing as coding in C++ is much easier. After they are finished they are put over to Mac.

Zro, the mod was for a Star Wars RTS game. Dunno which.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 09:11:23 pm »

You, my friend, are very easily impressed. Also, his hacker friends could not 'kill' any computer connected to the internet, unless they walked to the person's house with a shotgun.

1) he is easily the most accomplished person that ever has and ever will visit these boards, so I wouldnt be talking.

2)actually, he was talking to me before about how it is possible to overclock your CD drive or something where the whole thing melts or overclock the processor or something like that. anyway it would cause physical damage to your computer, effectively "killing" it. that is of course along with wiping your hard drive

3)I told him u dissagreed with him hermit solmu and his response was: (actual convo)

[xfire]

[21:00] =FS= Ark: the debate continues...
[21:00] =FS= Ark: HermitSolmu Disagrees with u
[21:00] =FS= Ark: about everything
[21:01] MSEagle2: how could care less
[21:01] MSEagle2: everyone there is complete idiots
[21:01] =FS= Ark: lol

[/xfire]
there u go
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 09:18:21 pm »

1) he is easily the most accomplished person that ever has and ever will visit these boards, so I wouldnt be talking.

2)actually, he was talking to me before about how it is possible to overclock your CD drive or something where the whole thing melts or overclock the processor or something like that. anyway it would cause physical damage to your computer, effectively "killing" it. that is of course along with wiping your hard drive

3)I told him u dissagreed with him hermit solmu and his response was: (actual convo)

[xfire]

[21:00] =FS= Ark: the debate continues...
[21:00] =FS= Ark: HermitSolmu Disagrees with u
[21:00] =FS= Ark: about everything
[21:01] MSEagle2: how could care less
[21:01] MSEagle2: everyone there is complete idiots
[21:01] =FS= Ark: lol

[/xfire]
there u go
Yes, his disagreement with the facts that I have posted makes me think he's even smarter than you tell me he is.

Trust me mate, I know my way around the computer world. I know some powerful coders and some skilled artists. I know people who could made a mod of an RTS, and I know people who have brought games to their feet from scratch. I'm not saying that these people are smarter than your friend MSEagle, but even so, your blind faith in him is sad. The fact that he said that 'everyone there is complete idiots' does nothing to change my mind.

Also, I know a couple of ways that a computer could be effectively killed, one of which is overclocking like you said. But this would require the installation of such a large virus, which would require me to download it. You might get some people, but not all.

Note to MSEagle: An easier way would be to remotely access their computer, and let them watch as you wipe their disk.
Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 10:33:33 pm »

Note to MSEagle: An easier way would be to remotely access their computer, and let them watch as you wipe their disk.

But then you would need to brute-force thier login and that takes time =(
Report Spam   Logged

MSEagle2
Noob

Internets: 3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 12:04:49 am »

*sigh*

ark...

look i didnt read the posts after mine, ark had said some BS in xfire so i said my comment based on the BS.  The virus's that destroyed comps and such was from this old game...cant think of the name...it was in maps...so it would make sense to download a large file if you thought it was a map.  as for my hacker friend, Hes good, there are others that are better probably, but he has been able to avoid the feds, and he will for a long time.  As for modding, its not that hard...i dont view myself the same way ark does towards myself.  its not an uber mod...thats just ark exagerating...Its Ages of Star Wars for Star Wars Empire at War, wont be for that game for long though, as the community is dieing from idiots.  There are plenty of better modders out there, and i could care less...Its about having fun
Report Spam   Logged
ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2007, 10:13:52 am »

modesty is one of god's best traits.....
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2007, 05:21:46 pm »

*sigh*

ark...

look i didnt read the posts after mine, ark had said some BS in xfire so i said my comment based on the BS.  The virus's that destroyed comps and such was from this old game...cant think of the name...it was in maps...so it would make sense to download a large file if you thought it was a map.  as for my hacker friend, Hes good, there are others that are better probably, but he has been able to avoid the feds, and he will for a long time.  As for modding, its not that hard...i dont view myself the same way ark does towards myself.  its not an uber mod...thats just ark exagerating...Its Ages of Star Wars for Star Wars Empire at War, wont be for that game for long though, as the community is dieing from idiots.  There are plenty of better modders out there, and i could care less...Its about having fun

Well said. I do indeed know the amount of work that is required for a mod: Just enough for it to be fun. Cheesy I like modding 'cause you get to start with a free engine. Yay. I've only done minor stuff like map-modeling, but I've been getting into things like making dungeons for Oblivion, adding weapons to stuff like Fable, etc. It's cool.

Back to the debate.

I prefer Windows because it is much more open ended, and can do a lot more things. I like to explore into different worlds of what computers can do, and Windows is the better portal for that.

Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 07:47:08 pm »

I prefer Windows because it is much more open ended, and can do a lot more things. I like to explore into different worlds of what computers can do, and Windows is the better portal for that.

WHAT!?!?!?!??!??!
i thought u were all "pro mac". why were u arguing with em so much before if u prefer windows?
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2007, 08:04:49 pm »

WHAT!?!?!?!??!??!
i thought u were all "pro mac". why were u arguing with em so much before if u prefer windows?
Because the majority of your points are invalid. They needed to die.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 09:38:51 pm »

I've got a bit of a story, it's too bad I couldn't get a screenshot, but here goes:
I was on the Flyff PK server and I was hovering around two PKs, waiting for them to drop, and I was lagging a lot. So after I stopped lagging, one of the PKs took notice of me and decided to take a crack at the Guild's name. He asks: "KNIGHTSOFTHELUNCHTABLE?! What're you guys eating?" (The grammar wasn't as good, but I'd like for people to be able to read)
So I responded with "Cookies and pie of course"
One of them says: "Apple is the best!! Everyone agree?"
I say: "Yeah, except for when they try to make computers"
And everyone there agreed.

WIN
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 09:40:59 pm »

I've got a bit of a story, it's too bad I couldn't get a screenshot, but here goes:
I was on the Flyff PK server and I was hovering around two PKs, waiting for them to drop, and I was lagging a lot. So after I stopped lagging, one of the PKs took notice of me and decided to take a crack at the Guild's name. He asks: "KNIGHTSOFTHELUNCHTABLE?! What're you guys eating?" (The grammar wasn't as good, but I'd like for people to be able to read)
So I responded with "Cookies and pie of course"
One of them says: "Apple is the best!! Everyone agree?"
I say: "Yeah, except for when they try to make computers"
And everyone there agreed.

WIN
You should've asked him what he was playing Flyff on.

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum