Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:00:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyone, get Xfire and PM Blaze or Solmu to get into the "Xfire Clan" so we can chat on there and play games!
www.xfire.com Keep in mind you have to download it.

Of course, only Windows users need to worry about viruses when they download this, because Mac's can't download it at all.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

MAC VS WINDOWS

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: MAC VS WINDOWS  (Read 1505 times)
Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2007, 08:26:47 am »

ditto
Report Spam   Logged
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2007, 10:36:43 am »

I use Safari anyway, so the same browser I'd assume would work no matter what unit of computing you run it on.
Nah, the iPhone one runs a stripped down version of Safari.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2007, 01:05:00 pm »

The iPhone is a bad idea at this stage. All these people want them, but it's a waste of money.
They'll get them and think they're cool for wasting over $500, then find out that it has way too many problems. And then Apple will introduce a newer version that sucks a fraction less, but still sucks. Then introduce a smaller version because that's what they do. And then, about 30 years later, there will finally be an iPhone that doesn't suck, but everyone will have surpassed it.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2007, 02:20:08 pm »

The iPhone is a bad idea at this stage. All these people want them, but it's a waste of money.
They'll get them and think they're cool for wasting over $500, then find out that it has way too many problems. And then Apple will introduce a newer version that sucks a fraction less, but still sucks. Then introduce a smaller version because that's what they do. And then, about 30 years later, there will finally be an iPhone that doesn't suck, but everyone will have surpassed it.
Actually, the iPhone is really well made.

Probably not 600 bucks well made, but well made nonetheless.

I see your point, though. The iPod followed that exact same path. Except people still love them for some reason. >.>
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2007, 06:29:09 pm »

The iphone is pretty much the best smartphone on the market, and it doesn't suck, have you ever used it, or actually seen it? If the iphone sucks then alll other phone are horse **** compared to it. You make such a big deal about the price but all other smart phones are near that price to. The iphone is amazing, and when you the iphone finally doesn't suck, everyone will have surpassed it. In 30 years we'll be able have phones that we'll be like programmed in your head or some stupid ****. So no, the iphone doesn't suck and until you actually used it and had it for about a month and didn't **** around with it to see how much it took to break. And if you still think it sucks compared to all the other smart phones or if it just plain old sucks you've had I'd totally believe you.
Report Spam   Logged
ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2007, 07:35:24 pm »

bulletin: BREAKING NEWS: the iphone has been 400$ for like a week now. and it dont suck
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 9

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2007, 10:19:51 pm »

Honestly, if the iPhone had video recording capability I wouldn't see any other flaws in it.

Am I wrong? What else does it lack?
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2007, 05:33:03 pm »

The abiltly to fly, which is coming out in March I think.
Report Spam   Logged
ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2007, 03:33:57 pm »

Honestly, if the iPhone had video recording capability I wouldn't see any other flaws in it.

Am I wrong? What else does it lack?
The ability to play nintendo DS games
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2007, 08:00:00 pm »

Okay, let me just ask a question: PS3, or iPhone. I'll tell you why the PS3 is the better choice hands-down. And no, I'm not saying after two-years, I'm saying now.
I know this gets off topic about Windows vs Mac, but seeing as people are flaming the PS3 and saying the iPhone is awesome, it may as well be inferred that the PS3, being considered lower than Windows, beats out Mac.

Updatability:
PS3- able to constantly be updated, increasing just how great it is. ++
iPhone- a prototype that will probably be replaced after working out the kinks, causing everyone with an iPhone to have to get a new one that doesn't suck as bad. --

Internets:
PS3- able to browse the internet
iPhone- able to browse the internet
Draw

Phone:
PS3- not able to call people, but you never know, add-ons are possible, unlike the iPhone. -?
iPhone- It's a phone. It can call people. But, it has limited companies to choose from. +?

Games:
PS3- Absolute own. ++
iPhone- If it even has games, they aren't even close to the PS3 --

Navigation/ Control:
PS3- Controller (SIXAXIS)/ Keyboard/ Mouse +
iPhone- Touch-screen. (if it breaks, you're screwed) -

That's a bias point of view, but it gets the point across.

And also, Windows doesn't need to make increasingly small music-players/ phones to be known. They already have the best computers out there.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2007, 09:21:30 pm »

Okay, let me just ask a question: PS3, or iPhone. I'll tell you why the PS3 is the better choice hands-down. And no, I'm not saying after two-years, I'm saying now.
I know this gets off topic about Windows vs Mac, but seeing as people are flaming the PS3 and saying the iPhone is awesome, it may as well be inferred that the PS3, being considered lower than Windows, beats out Mac.

Updatability:
PS3- able to constantly be updated, increasing just how great it is. ++
iPhone- a prototype that will probably be replaced after working out the kinks, causing everyone with an iPhone to have to get a new one that doesn't suck as bad. --

Internets:
PS3- able to browse the internet
iPhone- able to browse the internet
Draw

Phone:
PS3- not able to call people, but you never know, add-ons are possible, unlike the iPhone. -?
iPhone- It's a phone. It can call people. But, it has limited companies to choose from. +?

Games:
PS3- Absolute own. ++
iPhone- If it even has games, they aren't even close to the PS3 --

Navigation/ Control:
PS3- Controller (SIXAXIS)/ Keyboard/ Mouse +
iPhone- Touch-screen. (if it breaks, you're screwed) -

That's a bias point of view, but it gets the point across.

And also, Windows doesn't need to make increasingly small music-players/ phones to be known. They already have the best computers out there.
*ahem*

--Price--
PS3: $500
iPhone: $400

--Updatability--
PS3: A system that continually gets updates, at least until the new system comes out or Sony markets a new product.
iPhone: Completely moddable (a first for Apple), with a large user fan base. The updates will continue even after the product is out of date, especially seeing that it was made to connect to other devices.

--Internets--
PS3: Able to browse the internet off of your home line.
iPhone: Able to access Wi-Fi connections quickly and efficiently. Hell, it's a phone, it's meant for wireless connection.

--Phone--
PS3: Not able to call people, but like you said, maybe they'll make an update. Because, you know, you really need to call someone when you can chat in game. It's not really meant for this purpose.
iPhone: Way above the PS3, obviously. It was meant for this market. Able to call people, and uses one of the more reliable connection types. Won't drop your call.

--Games--
PS3: Way above the iPhone, obviously. It was meant for this market. Able to use great graphics at a good framerate. Utilizes an expensive processor.
iPhone: Doesn't utilize an expensive processor, but then again can't play great graphics games. Can use emulators to play games all the way up to the N64.

--Navigation / Control--
PS3: Six-axis, dual thumbstick control, slight motion sensing. Reliable, yet not very inventive. And apparently, it still works after you break it. Can utilize a keyboard and a mouse.
iPhone: Touch screen is the best in it's class, but still can't top a joystick. Still fun, very inventive. Slight motion sensing. Can also utilize a keyboard/mouse.

--Durability--
PS3: High processor, yet cheaper fan. Overheating is a problem. Try throwing it.
iPhone: It's got that Apple might that the iPod lacked. Throw it. Go on. No fancy parts to break.

--Overall--
PS3: A system that is way behind its time. It cranks out the same mediocre gameplay with graphics to stun a crowd, at the expense of costing to much and using to much power.
iPhone: A new, inventive phone that is unlike anything in the cell phone category. Kind of expensive, but a lot more than just a phone.

This is non-bias, because I dislike Apple more than Sony. Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2007, 09:55:17 pm »

I have one. (See pic for proof).

It is win.

Good luck hauling a PS3 around and showing it off to everyone.

It can record video, gtfo.

I have NES and other Games on this baby (Including TapTap Revolution, which you have to see to believe).

Nothing other than a DS, can emu a DS. Your logic is flawed, as always.

FlyMod update is coming in January, not March.

Everything will eventually become outdated.Don't worry about the future, enjoy the present before it becomes the past, you can shell out (now) $400 for greatness.

EDIT: Yea, and the forums does work on Safari, it just doesnt keep you logged in just like IE9 (ie. hellspawn(lol, see what i did there)).

And my views on the Touch.... it's crap.
A touchscreen is no different from a normal iPod now except that its a screen. Sure you get a calculator (omg, i know), and notepad or somehting. But the thing that makes the phone so cool...is that its a phone. The internet on the touch sucks BUM-BUM as well, it's only Wifi. So no YouTube on the bus (which is what I do ^.^). If you people are so goddamn worried about it being outdated and the like, then why buy anything. For real. Theres gonna be a iTouch with like 100gigs for 400$ in a few months anyway.

Oh and... I love God.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:01:27 pm by Zro » Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2007, 03:47:31 pm »

A touchscreen is no different from a normal iPod now except that its a screen. Sure you get a calculator (omg, i know), and notepad or somehting. But the thing that makes the phone so cool...is that its a phone. The internet on the touch sucks BUM-BUM as well, it's only Wifi. So no YouTube on the bus (which is what I do ^.^). If you people are so goddamn worried about it being outdated and the like, then why buy anything. For real. Theres gonna be a iTouch with like 100gigs for 400$ in a few months anyway.

1) do the games for the iphone work on the touch?
2) are u sure about the 100 gig thing? if so then i can wait...

the whole reason i want a touch is that my GOD DAMN STUPID PARENTS WONT LET ME GET A PHONE
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2007, 10:07:26 pm »

1) do the games for the iphone work on the touch?
2) are u sure about the 100 gig thing? if so then i can wait...

the whole reason i want a touch is that my GOD DAMN STUPID PARENTS WONT LET ME GET A PHONE
Flaming your parents isn't a great thing to do. Especially like that time while I was over. Ever considered that maybe it was due to how you act that they won't give you one?

EDIT: My comparison was half-guessing and half-what I heard on G4 lol. If youTube had it, I'd show you a funny (and true) iPhone thing.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:08:21 pm by BlazingWyvern » Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Internets: -69

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2007, 09:46:40 am »

alright, heres the thing; macs are only good for editing pics and video and most of the better programs out there for that kinda thing come for windows too, anyway. and some peeps will say that macs are good for music too w/ itunes and w/e but itunes is on friggigin windows too.
Report Spam   Logged

Yeah, das right. Da Laffinator.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum