Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:33:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyone, get Xfire and PM Blaze or Solmu to get into the "Xfire Clan" so we can chat on there and play games!
www.xfire.com Keep in mind you have to download it.

Of course, only Windows users need to worry about viruses when they download this, because Mac's can't download it at all.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

MAC VS WINDOWS

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: MAC VS WINDOWS  (Read 1489 times)
Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2007, 06:02:08 pm »

A video that solves absolutely nothing.

lol farthuffers.
Serious watch it's funny as hell.
BTW MACS OWN
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 08:08:55 pm »

BTW MACS OWN != True
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 08:32:06 pm »

I COUNTER YOUR SPELL WITH A TRAP CARD

Also, Mac has a massive processor that they can't utilize because they didn't release their source code. It makes the system cost thousands, and it can't be upgraded. The only reason a Mac runs faster than a PC is because they don't have any software. Computers were made to run software. The only reason Mac has massive virus protection is because it's damn near impossible to write code for it. This is like making a car safer by not giving it wheels.

BUT MAC IS BETTER BECAUSE ITS MORE POWERFUL

They have fancy graphics that waste the power by using new technology and not utilizing the old properly. Pop a dual-core Intel into a PC with a moderate to high grade graphics card and you're set. Do that with a Mac and you can... Um... Scroll through the dock faster?

LOL NOOB MAC IS MUCH BETTER LOOKING I DONT WANT A GRAY BOX WITH BIG CABLES

Only old PC's look like that, and also that's like saying ducks can fly better than geese because they have short necks.

UM... WELL MAC USERS DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT INSTALLING NEW STUFF LIKE CARDS AND RAM LOL

If you had a PC you would realize how much of a dumbass you are.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 10:52:33 pm »

Wait how much do you have to pay for vista, well it doesn't matter because it sucks. And if you disagree you are an idiot.

So what if macs have to install new ****, it makes them better. RETARD

And if I had a PC I'd either only have it too play games and since people usually defend their type of computer THAT THEY USE, I'd defend it.
So yeah if I had a PC and not a mac I'd defend PCs and visa versa.
So don't give me that stupid **** where you know that PC are better than Macs just because Macs have flaws. Guess what **** so do PCs.
And how could you really tell that Macs are worse than PCs do have a mac? No, wait, let me guess you read an article about macs, so you know everything about them. Got some real good experience with macs.
Report Spam   Logged
Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 03:54:01 am »

I own both. PC is Win. Mac is fail.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 08:59:59 am »

Quote from: Petroid
So what if macs have to install new ****, it makes them better. RETARD

Did you even read what I wrote? Macs CAN'T install new stuff. That's why they suck.

Wait how much do you have to pay for vista, well it doesn't matter because it sucks. And if you disagree you are an idiot.
Lol hypocrisy. You've never used Vista. It is better than WindowsXP. Right now it is in released beta, a system designed by Microsoft to pick out and find all of the bugs of new systems. Also, a Mac OS can cost up to a thousand dollars. Vista costs less than this in it's most expensive form. The start menu and folder stacking system make a lot more sense than shiny scrollers and button-click combos.

And if I had a PC I'd either only have it too play games and since people usually defend their type of computer THAT THEY USE, I'd defend it.
So yeah if I had a PC and not a mac I'd defend PCs and visa versa.
So don't give me that stupid **** where you know that PC are better than Macs just because Macs have flaws. Guess what **** so do PCs.
And how could you really tell that Macs are worse than PCs do have a mac? No, wait, let me guess you read an article about macs, so you know everything about them. Got some real good experience with macs.
I have most likely used a Mac more extensively than you. This does not mean time spent on Safari, it means going through the works and applications and knowing how to use the system.
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 9

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 09:59:34 am »

Did you even read what I wrote? Macs CAN'T install new stuff. That's why they suck.

.DMG FILES TOTALLY DONT EXIST, NOR DO THEY INSTALL THINGS. INDEPENDENT RELEASES DONT EXIST EITHER.

Lol hypocrisy. You've never used Vista. It is better than WindowsXP. Right now it is in released beta, a system designed by Microsoft to pick out and find all of the bugs of new systems. Also, a Mac OS can cost up to a thousand dollars. Vista costs less than this in it's most expensive form. The start menu and folder stacking system make a lot more sense than shiny scrollers and button-click combos.

My right click laughs. Also most "good" PCs have a mouse they've bought separate, or at least bought in some crazy bundle thing. Also Mac releases have basically no bugs, therefore stopping us from buying a crappy Windows version again, after they realized how to make it suck less. Also, with a decent gaming computer (which is Window's biggest argument for it), and Vista, you bet your sweet BUM-BUM that it'll cost over $1000. Look in every gaming magazine. Look at their PC prices. Oh ****. Also Windows copied Mac's "type-into-a-box-and-instantly-find-files" tool.

This is totally unrelated, but the Apple II was one of the first mainstream gaming computers.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 11:47:26 am »

Yeah, because software production was not mainstream back then. Not everyone could write some code and make some graphics. Now they can, and Windows released their source code C++. Now people can make code for Windows and not Mac.

Also, we were talking about hardware, not software, fat kid. Read the thread before you post. You can't install stuff on Macs, except for the newest one, which if you wanna play with technicalities, is a copy off of Windows.

And no, most to all PC's come with a decent mouse. Gaming mice have like 30 buttons and are not necessary. THOSE are bought seperate. Also, I'm holding a gaming mag that has an AlienWare powerhouse for like 600 dollars. Alienware is one of the mose expensive brands of gaming computer on the market.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 12:12:48 pm »

Ohh Bull **** you've been on a mac more than I have, how stupid do you think I am. I've been screwing around with all the ishit since i've got my macs. And yes you are right we can't install new stuff. But we get upgrades. Have you used vista? Or have you read reviews about it, and you told me yourself that vista wasn't that great and it isn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 12:28:37 pm »

I'm being honest here, I haven't been USING Vista as an actual OS, but from what I've observed from other friends (lol sumerskool), it's nothing new from XP except Mac-ish graphics.

Am I wrong?
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 04:11:26 pm »

It's an upgraded version of WindowsXP. It's not worth the price tag. All it does is run better, look nicer, be more customizable, etc. I'm not gonna get it 'cause I'm fine with XP, but Vista is just a bit better, and it's a lot better than OSX.

Also, Petroid, in my elementary schools they had Mac's, and I spent a lot of time on them. Also I used them extensively in Computer Club. I am next to positive that you don't do much besides Safari, but my point is still that I know my way around a Mac.

PC's get upgrades as well as Mac's. That's a generic thing. But if you want more memory, you've gotta go through the motions with firewire and externals. You can't just clone data and replace the drive.

Windows is a better gaming computer. I know this point is always dubbed as nonessential and not part of the main picture, but it's really not, if you think about it. For one, many of the upgrades for Windows have been made to let it have better graphics. This not only has let better games come out, but has made substantial steps towards better image quality all around in things like photography, image editing, and television. To have a good game, you not only need good pixel numbers but good models/sprites and textures. To make these, game designers need to have better software to draw with, moving the graphic art field forward.

None of this could happen without a gaming field of marketing. Since it is so big, it gets a lot of funding. It is so big because of Windows.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 04:06:36 pm »

I use Vista, and I don't know if this has been brought up because I already have enough to read without reading how most people hate Vista.
Let me just put it this way.
Saying Vista sucks is like saying the PS3 sucks, which in turn says that Blu Ray Sucks. Here's why.
"It's new, so it has to be bad." People said that about the first computers and... wouldn't you know it, most people have computers these days! People said that about new versions like XP, in fact, people say that about all new technological advancements. (although I can understand if people say that Macs suck... people know why they're bad and won't do anything about it)
Going back to the PS3, yes, expensive, but also utilizing incredible technology that probably came out before it's time. And Blu Ray is like a better DVD. People have evolved from VHS to DVD, Blu Ray is just the next step.

Sorry to get off track like that, but it is all related.
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 07:39:55 pm »

And Blu Ray is like a better DVD. People have evolved from VHS to DVD, Blu Ray is just the next step.

Not to get on a further tangent, but I think Blu-Ray is the shittiest thing anybody has ever made up in the video industry. It's a DVD that you need a $2000 High-Def TV to take any advantage of. Otherwise it's just a DVD that costs more.

DVDs actually innovated and let videos not suck by allowing extra features and all that jazz. DVDs have never had any storage issues, and if they did, they'd put *gasp* two discs so you'd have to get off your butt for 15 seconds to switch discs. I don't see why people advertise Blu-Ray so much, when it's nothing new but visuals that only a **** movie watcher would pay three times more for.

Games are a different story; I can understand Blu-Ray being used with the magical graphics of the PS3, but as any real gamer knows, graphics don't mean anything if the games are all generic first person shooters that suck.

VHS to DVD was almost a necessity. Blu-Ray is making us pay more just to see the individual pores on an actor's face. That sucks.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 08:35:29 pm »

Games are a different story; I can understand Blu-Ray being used with the magical graphics of the PS3, but as any real gamer knows, graphics don't mean anything if the games are all generic first person shooters that suck.
Better graphics mean more advancement in the market of computer art. Windows is better than Mac because they encourage this field much more.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 05:54:28 pm »

I HAVE A SHITTY WINDOWS NOW!!! I bought for 10 bucks at a garage sale, and I need windows 98 or linux. <cough> <cough> jac <cough>
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum