Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:39:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Random Ideas for Game

Poll
Question: VOTE OR DIE, so we don't have to argue about this to much longer.
I'm for the level type of game. - 4 (26.7%)
I'm for the rank type of game. - 3 (20%)
I'm for the type of game that doesn't allow noobies to kill me. - 0 (0%)
I'm for the type of game that does allow noobies to kill me. - 2 (13.3%)
I want a game with pie in it. - 4 (26.7%)
We have a game, why are we making such a big deal out of a game that we havn't started yet, and I say when we get there, then we can worry about it. - 2 (13.3%)
This just here to reckonize that Petroid made this poll. So if you vote for this I will delete your vote and/or you. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Ideas for Game  (Read 2820 times)
ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 09:46:50 am »

whats the big deal? why cant I just be like a person that just says "hey, we need an enemy thats like a spider that shoots venom" or "we should have an enemy that can become invisible". instead of just coming up with random ideas I would focus my thinking on enemies. is that so much of a problem?

anyway I think there are a couple classes missing.....

NINJA and PIRATE. then we shall REALLY see who is better lol
and your other form of assassing could be "Spec Ops". that would be cool. hed be kinda like a ninja but not as FREAKIN AWESOME and he would have more modern weapons and tactics.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 11:55:41 am »

The reason I didn't suggest those are because I'm bias. I'd code the ninja to have an anti-pirate technique.

Just saying...
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 05:52:04 pm »

No to Ark.

Here's an idea I came up with regarding a class system:

Of course, there are different levels of jobs and classes, and of course the basic starting classes. But what about if you wanted to be more than one thing?
I know this class was used in another game (Most things I come up with get used), but I was thinking of a Blade Mage. No, it isn't JUST a Mage that uses swords, but a class of mage that not only uses swords instead of wands, staffs, and clubs, but actually use Blade Magic. Some spells might include raising a Giant Sword out of the ground, being able to wield multiple swords, not just dual, but actually have a few float at your side (one skill I'll walk you through Sol: Blade Phoenix)

No Nick, you can't make a class that is oviously better that the other classes.

SOLMU: Learn your BBC fat kid.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 06:34:50 pm by Hermit Solmu » Report Spam   Logged
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 06:35:31 pm »

No to Ark.

Here's an idea I came up with regarding a class system:

Of course, there are different levels of jobs and classes, and of course the basic starting classes. But what about if you wanted to be more than one thing?
I know this class was used in another game (Most things I come up with get used), but I was thinking of a Blade Mage. No, it isn't JUST a Mage that uses swords, but a class of mage that not only uses swords instead of wands, staffs, and clubs, but actually use Blade Magic. Some spells might include raising a Giant Sword out of the ground, being able to wield multiple swords, not just dual, but actually have a few float at your side (one skill I'll walk you through Sol: Blade Phoenix)

SOLMU: Learn your BBC fat kid.

Actually, that's a good idea. It takes the concept of second jobs in GW to a whole new level.

I lieks it.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 10:22:10 pm »

Jew bag...
Report Spam   Logged
BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 08:19:00 am »

That's the point I was getting across.
I COULD program the classes to be equal though. I wouldn't like all too much, but I could.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 09:10:11 am »

That's the point I was getting across.
I COULD program the classes to be equal though. I wouldn't like all too much, but I could.
Dude, you have to. >.>

We can't make one class just naturally better than the rest, or everyone will pick that class out of want to not have their  BUM-BUM kicked every three seconds.

Also, I wanna make PVP available everywhere, and have some sort of good/evil thing. The only way to do this would be to have in place a fighting system that I already want to do; very based on skill, and killing someone isn't a matter of 'click, use skill'. It's, run at them, attack them, fight for about 15 minutes.

Obviously monsters won't put up this long of a fight, but I want them to be hard as well. This will make all fights for fun, and hopefully eliminate 'grinding'.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 12:12:40 pm »

If you were to make pvp everywhere, it'd have to be opcional. Like you'd have to click on the person twice and there's a bar that has the option of dueling each other.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 12:46:09 pm »

If you were to make pvp everywhere, it'd have to be opcional. Like you'd have to click on the person twice and there's a bar that has the option of dueling each other.
No, that's the point.

You can just walk up and be like PUNCH. To make it so everyone isn't constantly killing each other, we'd make fighting not just a thing you can do spontaneously. It would take some skill, and like I said, fights between players could go on for 15 minutes to an hour.

Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 05:53:26 pm »

Yeah, there would HAVE to be Safe-havens (of course, we could just call them Havens) that don't allow PvP, but everywhere is will be PvP.

As a suggestion, as long as it is within your ability, everyone should have a number of stances to pick from, and we'll need plenty of weapons. Some stances can focus on defense, others offense, etc.
Just throwing it out there.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 06:01:03 pm »

Yeah, there would HAVE to be Safe-havens (of course, we could just call them Havens) that don't allow PvP, but everywhere is will be PvP.

As a suggestion, as long as it is within your ability, everyone should have a number of stances to pick from, and we'll need plenty of weapons. Some stances can focus on defense, others offense, etc.
Just throwing it out there.
I was thinking that. Kinda like Mortal Kombat.

As for Havens, I was thinking that we could have guards (or the equivilant) in towns, so if someone starts fighting someone, they go after the other guy. And they would be absolute own, and there'd be like 10 of them.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 08:15:36 pm »

To avoid flyff people lets call them something else like knights or hacker killers or haskes or possible HAS KEYS.
Report Spam   Logged
ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 10:05:50 pm »

i like the guards idea and the anywhere pvp idea (with the havens).

it would be rly funny if u got good enough to own the guards so u could just walk into a haven, obliterate all the noobs there then own the guards. of course this would probly cause the noobs to band togather against u.

also, if u were a noob, u would have to/ get to use some sort of stealth to keep from getting owned by experiensed players when outside the havens.

I am probly gonna get called down by one of u guys for one of these ideas but hey, thats how the whole process is supposed to work right?
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 04:20:48 pm »

Those are actually good ideas, I don't see why you think we'd flame that lol
We probably wouldn't let Guards be defeated, but it would be interesting for noobs to take down higher level players.

Another idea I came up with is for an event. I kind of got the idea from Final Fantasy XI, which is the conquest system, and also from Flyff invasions, but this would be huge, not just in select areas.
Pretty much all seven nations would be warned of an imminent attack and they'd have to all unite to push back the enemies. Depending on which strategic areas are under the control of specific nations, these areas would be attacked by the mysterious forces. Whether they would be player-controlled or AI is still an idea I'm thinking about, but I still think that would make the game interesting.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 06:01:35 pm »

Those are actually good ideas, I don't see why you think we'd flame that lol
We probably wouldn't let Guards be defeated, but it would be interesting for noobs to take down higher level players.

Another idea I came up with is for an event. I kind of got the idea from Final Fantasy XI, which is the conquest system, and also from Flyff invasions, but this would be huge, not just in select areas.
Pretty much all seven nations would be warned of an imminent attack and they'd have to all unite to push back the enemies. Depending on which strategic areas are under the control of specific nations, these areas would be attacked by the mysterious forces. Whether they would be player-controlled or AI is still an idea I'm thinking about, but I still think that would make the game interesting.
I've been thinking about these kind of events.

With our combat system, obviously the enemies won't be as hard of a fight as a normal player. So, during those attacks, we can make the normal monsters just AI, but then have the boss guys be controlled by us as they come out, so there's more of a challenge for the players.

Keeping in mind that the combat system requires not only a skilled character, but skill at the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum