Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:20:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Random Ideas for Game

Poll
Question: VOTE OR DIE, so we don't have to argue about this to much longer.
I'm for the level type of game. - 4 (26.7%)
I'm for the rank type of game. - 3 (20%)
I'm for the type of game that doesn't allow noobies to kill me. - 0 (0%)
I'm for the type of game that does allow noobies to kill me. - 2 (13.3%)
I want a game with pie in it. - 4 (26.7%)
We have a game, why are we making such a big deal out of a game that we havn't started yet, and I say when we get there, then we can worry about it. - 2 (13.3%)
This just here to reckonize that Petroid made this poll. So if you vote for this I will delete your vote and/or you. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Ideas for Game  (Read 2823 times)
Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2007, 02:47:16 pm »

No seriously, if I could kill everyone at lvl 1 I'd screw level gaining and kill everything all the time. Actually, If our game ever gets online and amazing huge(which would be sweet and probably will never happen) all of the kotlt guys (optional haske) should have our guys at level one but have like super stats not attainable by the normal gamer. But also have charaters that are strong but we leveled up our selves.

Anywho

The reason you can't let a level one be able to beat a level 20 is there has to be a "reward" for getting to level 20. The reward can't be a noob being able to kick your BUM-BUM.
Report Spam   Logged
Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2007, 02:57:31 pm »

At level one you can use "Punch" and "Jump". But you are a kick BUM-BUM player and use them in coordination with godly skills and kill a lvl 20 over a long period of time using slow burning damage and good defensive techniques and collect on sweet loot because of your victory.

OR

Your level 20 and you see a lvl one, you have your "SUPER INFERNO DAGGER OF ULTIMATE PAIN WITH POISON UPGRADE INSCRIBED BY THE DARK WIZARD OF GAA'NDRAL AND SQUARE ENIX" with +30 dexterity handle upgrade. You ride next to them with your new super-speed mount, and you attack them. If they aren't liek the aforementioned lvl 1. You may be able to ultimately one or two shot them.

That is what we mean. Lvl 20 will have awesome perks like mentioned, but to live at lvl 1 in a fight you still need to have skill.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2007, 07:07:01 am »

At level one you can use "Punch" and "Jump". But you are a kick BUM-BUM player and use them in coordination with godly skills and kill a lvl 20 over a long period of time using slow burning damage and good defensive techniques and collect on sweet loot because of your victory.

OR

Your level 20 and you see a lvl one, you have your "SUPER INFERNO DAGGER OF ULTIMATE PAIN WITH POISON UPGRADE INSCRIBED BY THE DARK WIZARD OF GAA'NDRAL AND SQUARE ENIX" with +30 dexterity handle upgrade. You ride next to them with your new super-speed mount, and you attack them. If they aren't liek the aforementioned lvl 1. You may be able to ultimately one or two shot them.

That is what we mean. Lvl 20 will have awesome perks like mentioned, but to live at lvl 1 in a fight you still need to have skill.

We should make that a weapon.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 03:09:06 pm »

No seriously, if I could kill everyone at lvl 1 I'd screw level gaining and kill everything all the time
Dude. You get EXP for killing stuff.

>.>
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 04:22:16 pm »

I'm guessing that you can kill things other than other players. Right.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2007, 08:58:23 pm »

I'm guessing that you can kill things other than other players. Right.
Yeah, but dude. A level 1 will only beat a level 20 if they are a lot better than them.

So, if I (level 1) punch a level 20, I would hurt him, say, 5. If he punched me, he would hurt me, say, 50.

To win, I would have to punch him 10 times as much.

Possible, yes. Plausible, no. It's not gonna be the basic click-and-wait fighting system.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2007, 06:55:29 am »

Fine whatever, the not click and wait thing is kool and all but I'll get too lazy with all the button pressing. But than again I would get bored of the waiting forever for that person to die thing with only one click. You can do whatever you want but remember don't make it so that there's to much to do to fight someone.
Report Spam   Logged
BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2007, 04:08:29 pm »

The reason I don't like the level system is because it makes people grind and grind in hopes of reaching a higher level, while ranking only really takes skill, and if a game requires skill and strategy, then it will be more fun than if you repetitively killed lower level people.
That's just how I look at it.

Ranks would demonstrate to everyone just how good that person is based on their skill, not time played.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2007, 06:12:06 am »

The reason I don't like the level system is because it makes people grind and grind in hopes of reaching a higher level, while ranking only really takes skill, and if a game requires skill and strategy, then it will be more fun than if you repetitively killed lower level people.
That's just how I look at it.

Ranks would demonstrate to everyone just how good that person is based on their skill, not time played.
Or we could use levels, for the sake of everyone understanding that, but make EXP hard to get.

For instance:

If I kill a monster, I would get 5 experience (keep in mind the numbers are hypothetical). However, if I did an assignment and got all of the secondary missions, etc, I would get 50.

The point is that monster killing would be more for the completion of quests, the gathering of items, or just pure survival. Say you need to travel from A to B, and you get attacked. Then you need to kill them. But since there's not a big EXP boost for killing one, there's no reason to hunt them out.
Report Spam   Logged

Mup
Sponsored by: The CIA
Administrator
Peasant

U zuigt iedereen en ik ben uw god!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2007, 08:45:25 pm »

I think it would be awesome to have regular Army-Type Ranks, such as Seargant, Corporal, And us Originals, We could be called....Gods. Yeah. Definitely have a large variety of weapons, maybe grenades or mines, and even the ability to use a scope, like being able to see down it would be REALLY cool.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh, poop. I can't think of what to put here. Um, yeah.
ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2007, 03:38:54 pm »

mines seem kinda gay to me. they dont take skill at all. I say u go more with like a rocket launcher
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2007, 09:24:46 pm »

mines seem kinda gay to me. they dont take skill at all. I say u go more with like a rocket launcher

HAY GUYS, MINES ARE REALLY OBVIOUS AND EASY TO NOT STEP ON, SO IT MUST BE EASY TO MAKE PEOPLE STEP ON THEM.

THATS TO EASY FOR US CHALLENGE LOVING GAMERS. LETS TRY TO SHOOT THEM WITH A ROCKET LAUNCHER THAT REQUIRES NO PRECISION WHATSOEVER. YA LOL. 
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 03:50:11 pm »

well, whenever I run over an APM in 2142, i always think "what a gay fag he didnt drop that there strategically at all he just put it where he though someone would walk and now im dead without the chance to take one shot at the stupid coward" while when someone hits me with a rocket launcher, it actually takes some skill.
Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2007, 04:28:44 pm »

at all he just put it where he though someone would walk

WTF do you think strategy is?
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2007, 09:20:44 am »

strategy: putting a mine behind u so people can sneak up on you and knife u in the back. and putting them in choke points like hallways when defending something is sometimes ok.

being stupid: putting a mine where the enemy will soon be most concentrated. that seems like a rly cheap kill to me. especially because if u see one, u cant defuse it to keep a teamate from steppin on it. u could drop a mine in the enemy base right in plain sight and since n one will ever defuse it someone eventually will die because of a randomely thrown mine that took no skill whawtsoever
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum