Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:33:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Electronic Drum Kit

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electronic Drum Kit  (Read 209 times)
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2007, 04:46:15 pm »

Hay guys. Please, for the love of God read through this.

Ok, I wanna build an electronic drum kit for the band. Here's why:

1) A fair amount of the time, we don't practice because we have limited drum access. These being extremely portable, that problem would be solved.

2) Electronic drum kits offer a wider variety of sounds, because you can mod whatever comes out using the drum brain and the amp that it's leading to, allowing for more cool-ness.

3) It's fun to build stuff. Cheesy Plus this will be much much cheaper than getting a real set that's not as good.

Ok, so here's the deal. I'm gonna need to buy:

- 4 Practice Pads
- 4 Piezo Transducers
- Drum Brain (Roland TD-7)
- Bass kick pedal
- FD8 Hi Hat Controller
- Roland CYS Dual Trigger Cymbal Pad (x2 for a ride and a crash)

It's looking like it'll be around ~250 dollars. That's where you come in! Cheesy

NO WAIT DONT LEAVE YET

I'm not asking for money. I'm asking for you to shop around for good prices and post them here. If you see a practice set (drum set made of pads) for $100, tell me. Anything at all that you think I'd be interested in, post it up so I can view my options. I'm prepared to drop about 200 bucks on this, but I honestly don't want to. >.> I'm hoping we can get this stuff cheaper than that. Maybe we can, maybe we can.

Also, anything (like cash Cheesy) you'd like to put towards it would be great. It's your band to. *thumbs up* Once again though, it's my idea, and my burden. Hell, I might not even go with it, but I'd like to see if it can be done.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 10:19:39 pm »

Before you start spending X amount of dollars on a drum set... thing. I'd first make sure someone can play the drums and would be actually willing to play them. Secondly before I'd spend any money on the band I'd make sure the band is comitted to playing. For example having at least one band pratice in which it includes ALL of the members of the band. So until then I think we should become more "clear" on what our band will become of. Whether that be actually performing in front of people or crashing and burning. I'd want 100% confendence that we will become a great band.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:36:47 am »

Before you start spending X amount of dollars on a drum set... thing. I'd first make sure someone can play the drums and would be actually willing to play them. Secondly before I'd spend any money on the band I'd make sure the band is comitted to playing. For example having at least one band pratice in which it includes ALL of the members of the band. So until then I think we should become more "clear" on what our band will become of. Whether that be actually performing in front of people or crashing and burning. I'd want 100% confendence that we will become a great band.
Lol. There will never be a 100% chance that we will become a great band.

But this will help us on our way.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:21:05 am »

Wow, that was actually a very high rating on the intelligent comment scale. Good job Petroid.

Assuming that you could actually get all the parts, Solmu, do you actually know how to put it all together?
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:11:12 am »

Assuming that you could actually get all the parts, Solmu, do you actually know how to put it all together?
Yeah. It's not to complicated.

The main problem is getting the expensive stuff, like the brain and the cymbals/controller.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum