Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:36:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Thesis Statements and School Uniforms

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thesis Statements and School Uniforms  (Read 870 times)
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2007, 05:51:59 pm »

The school system has a way of sucking all of the individuality and creativity out of everything. Just about every student hates thesis statements because the curriculum teaches us the monotonous, carpal-tunnel causing, robotically repetitive and uncreative format. “I think this because that, that, and that.” Bleagh! This format makes it impossible to add any real human touch to the paper being written. No matter what your future or current occupation, you should never use the thesis statement format taught in middle and high school. It shows a lack of true writing skill and creativity. It shows that you don’t really care about what you are writing about. It takes all the spontaneity out of the paper. That’s like giving away the ending of a book at the beginning! For a lot of people, the thesis could be enough. Readers will see the thesis of a persuasive essay, which, if written as expected to, will include the opinion and reasons why, and say, “Okay, I see their point” and then the rest of the author’s hard work goes to waste. A paper with a “proper”, generic thesis lacks voice, individuality, and passion, without which, the paper will persuade no one.

Maybe I'm just tired, but you're an idiot.

I mean seriously. A paper isn't about saving the plot line for the end. It doesn't HAVE a plot line, that's why it's called an essay. It's a nonfiction piece that is meant to display a message and support it with three or more back up statements, and connect them all together.

Trust me. You are not an English genius professor guy, and I'm sure whoever made up the thesis statement was.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum