Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:53:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyone, get Xfire and PM Blaze or Solmu to get into the "Xfire Clan" so we can chat on there and play games!
www.xfire.com Keep in mind you have to download it.

Of course, only Windows users need to worry about viruses when they download this, because Mac's can't download it at all.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Thesis Statements and School Uniforms

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thesis Statements and School Uniforms  (Read 875 times)
Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Internets: -69

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2007, 02:12:19 pm »

Thesis statements easily let people convey messages in the front end of a paper, let readers recognize main points, and help organize an essay. They are a vital part of every writers arsenal.

My teacher makes us write thesis statements and I hate it. They are bad. They take the originality out of all paper. I mean really, if everyone uses the same format, how is that creative? It makes things boring and bland.

Which one is better?
That's good debating right there, using a crappy example of a paper lacking a "proper" thesis statement, but unfortunately the two examples are uncomparable because the second one doesn't even have a thesis statement. How about this:

Thesis statements easily let people convey messages in the front end of a paper, let readers recognize main points, and help organize an essay. They are a vital part of every writers arsenal.
~or~
The school system has a way of sucking all of the individuality and creativity out of everything. Just about every student hates thesis statements because the curriculum teaches us the monotonous, carpal-tunnel causing, robotically repetitive and uncreative format. “I think this because that, that, and that.”

Which one grabs your attention?
Report Spam   Logged

Yeah, das right. Da Laffinator.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum