Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:04:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Super Smash Bros.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros.  (Read 2158 times)
BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2007, 05:21:18 pm »

I think you guys are basing stuff way to severely on the tier system.

It truly does depend on the player. You are never even going to come close to playing a character perfectly, so the thing doesn't apply to us at all. You can only play to the best of your ability. And if I play better than Alex (lolno), it doesn't matter if I use Fox or Mewtwo; I'll win.

Just sayin'.
I agree.
Report Spam   Logged

Doorszeppelinwho
I do shrooms
Global Moderator
Peasant

Internets: 665

Boobies

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2007, 12:52:13 pm »

This is completely unrelated, but Nintendo announced what the Final Smash thing is. It's... um... Final Smash, which you can only use once a game after you get the item. Dunno how it works.

By the time Ack sees this, he'll have known already.

Yup I already did, looked before I left for IL. See I told you they would tell us about it early hahahahahhaha and you thought that it would be the last thing revealed. That shows that I eat better candy than you.
Report Spam   Logged

I LIEK GROBLINS

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 9

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2007, 01:29:49 pm »

I think you guys are basing stuff way to severely on the tier system.

It truly does depend on the player. You are never even going to come close to playing a character perfectly, so the thing doesn't apply to us at all. You can only play to the best of your ability. And if I play better than Alex (lolno), it doesn't matter if I use Fox or Mewtwo; I'll win.

Just sayin'.

But you would undoubtedly kick more BUM-BUM with Fox than Mewtwo, even if you beat me with both anyway. And that's why the tier system makes sense.

Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2007, 01:31:04 pm »

Besides just arguing that the tier-system sucks, it looks like Brawl will be compatible with the wiimote, as well as the gamecube controller and the classic controller.
Report Spam   Logged

MChammerpenguin
Raising an army of penguins and Angry Winking Kitties...it's the work of a higher power
Global Moderator
Peasant

Internets: 2

>;3 Angry Winking Kitty...yah

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2007, 10:20:13 pm »

I love this game...
I only have nintendo64 but i enjoy Melee
I WILL get Brawl if i ever get my Wii
With only the first one i don't have many GameCube skills
BUT, I spent 1 week at my lake house getting good with Yoshi
On Melee my method is to move as fast as posible as Pichu
and use B> attacks to weaklings
OTHER THAN THAT I SUC!
Though i did stay away from the masters of this game for 20mins
:3 I LIVED FOR 20MINS :3
Report Spam   Logged

MChammerpenguin- Elemental warrior
ShinigamiFS- Saviour of all
>;3- Angry winking kitty, what i want to be when i grow up!
Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2007, 12:15:27 am »

I love this game...
I only have nintendo64 but i enjoy Melee
I WILL get Brawl if i ever get my Wii
With only the first one i don't have many GameCube skills
BUT, I spent 1 week at my lake house getting good with Yoshi
On Melee my method is to move as fast as posible as Pichu
and use B> attacks to weaklings
OTHER THAN THAT I SUC!
Though i did stay away from the masters of this game for 20mins
:3 I LIVED FOR 20MINS :3

I think I might have been there when we all tried killing you.

From the looks of things, Brawl looks kinda similar to Melee, although I don't think it'll be possible to be a better game than Melee. Hopefully Nintendo can pull some crazy crap from their bum-bums.

Oh, yeah, Nick. I've been practicing like heck. SPECIFICALLY against Roy... Watch yourself next time we meet in Melee. >_>

Oh yeah. Has anybody other than me gotten all the trophies? There's 290.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2007, 02:54:01 pm »

Nope, and I didn't have to use action replay to not get them either.
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2007, 11:35:21 pm »

Nope, and I didn't have to use action replay to not get them either.

B-b-b-but I got them all FAIRLY... Which is why it took so long. Diskun sucks to get.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2007, 09:00:14 pm »

I'm not saying you used Action Replay to get them, I'm just saying that i didn't have to use Action Replay to NOT get them xP

Still, after checking to see the daily updates on the SSBB Website, I'm more psyched about it then before.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2007, 03:59:30 pm »

ok so....

1) in an effort to actually put a conclusion on your tier debate... It seems to me that the low tier character largely rely on gimmics and sparkles (lightning, sleeping-ness, uh... umbrellas) to beat their opponents while the top tier characters rely largely on skill, timing, and strategy. any competetive or decent gamer will prefer to try to match their timing and skill and strategy against their opponents because thats where decent gamers are most adept...

while weak minded fools zap each other with lightning and hit each other with frying pans

2) SSBB- I havnt been to the site in a while but I think that a possible control scheme might use te nunchuck and wiimote togather where swinging the wiimote would be the equivalent of the A button in melee and the A button on the wiimote would be the equivalent of the b button in melee and the B button or C button on the wiimote/nunchuck would be jump and the Z button would be sheild. also maybe A and B at the same time (on the wiimote) would be grab like in some other wii games  also maybe they could utilize shaking the nunchuck to break grabs and they could use the pointer ability to target opponents with certain attacks/items.
anyway thats how I would like it to be... and probably they have already announced the control scheme ad I havnt seen it yet and my guess is completely wrong.... oh well Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2007, 08:14:45 pm »

and probably they have already announced the control scheme ad I havnt seen it yet and my guess is completely wrong.... oh well Cheesy

They did, you can use 4 different kinds of control. Chekitowt.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2007, 02:41:23 pm »

I do like the fact that you have to have a name set to your game style. I guess I'll be trying all the styles except for classic, seeing as I don't own a classic ^_^;;
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2007, 05:03:46 pm »

rofl looks like I'll be buying eli's GNC controller's from him instead of giving them back after borrowing them for like a year. I doubt Eli will ever see this though........

oh wait, almost no one here knwos who eli is. oh well. picture a kinda short really hyper kid with blond highlights and a rediculously high voice. (for any choir people, he sings soprano pretty much). oh yeah and almost everyoen hates his guts
Report Spam   Logged

Doorszeppelinwho
I do shrooms
Global Moderator
Peasant

Internets: 665

Boobies

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2007, 12:16:57 am »

ok so....

1) in an effort to actually put a conclusion on your tier debate... It seems to me that the low tier character largely rely on gimmics and sparkles (lightning, sleeping-ness, uh... umbrellas) to beat their opponents while the top tier characters rely largely on skill, timing, and strategy. any competetive or decent gamer will prefer to try to match their timing and skill and strategy against their opponents because thats where decent gamers are most adept...

while weak minded fools zap each other with lightning and hit each other with frying pans

2) SSBB- I havnt been to the site in a while but I think that a possible control scheme might use te nunchuck and wiimote togather where swinging the wiimote would be the equivalent of the A button in melee and the A button on the wiimote would be the equivalent of the b button in melee and the B button or C button on the wiimote/nunchuck would be jump and the Z button would be sheild. also maybe A and B at the same time (on the wiimote) would be grab like in some other wii games  also maybe they could utilize shaking the nunchuck to break grabs and they could use the pointer ability to target opponents with certain attacks/items.
anyway thats how I would like it to be... and probably they have already announced the control scheme ad I havnt seen it yet and my guess is completely wrong.... oh well Cheesy
Actually Peach is a high tier character with her umbrella, and Fox/Falcos laser guns are pretty big gimmicks.
Report Spam   Logged

I LIEK GROBLINS

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2007, 01:25:45 pm »

OOOOOH! OOOOOOH! WARNING: NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!!

HAVE U GUYS SEEN IKE? I HAVNT PLAYEDFIRE EMBLEM BEFORE BUT HE JUST LOOKS KICK BUM-BUM!!!!!!!! CHECK THE SITE TO SEE HIM (hes a new char)

also the fire emblem level looks cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum