Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:42:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyone, get Xfire and PM Blaze or Solmu to get into the "Xfire Clan" so we can chat on there and play games!
www.xfire.com Keep in mind you have to download it.

Of course, only Windows users need to worry about viruses when they download this, because Mac's can't download it at all.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

I'm moving!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm moving!  (Read 683 times)
Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Internets: -69

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:59:03 pm »

Hey guys, very few of you have the absolute pleasure of knowing me personally, but I'll be moving to the area of Holliston, Massachusetts after this school year. So, hooray! because the members of this forum will soon stretch from Illinois to Minnesota to Massachusetts.  Grin

My dad got a new job at Staples so if you buy things there you'll be putting money into his paycheck...although I bet now all of you are going to start going to OfficeMax and Office Depot instead.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Yeah, das right. Da Laffinator.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 11:32:58 pm »

is ur dad like a mananger
Report Spam   Logged
Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 02:03:54 pm »

well his old job was VP of men's at Sears but i dont know what his new job is...probably som kind of manager of something or other.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 07:38:03 pm »

Nifty
Report Spam   Logged
BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 01:21:29 pm »

Hopefully you have a safe trip and are able to make friends quickly in your new town.
Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 05:44:01 pm »

Hopefully you have a safe trip and are able to make friends quickly in your new town.
Well, because of my dog, we'll be driving so it'll be more fun. The towns over there are smaller, too, so there's about two hundred kids in a grade. I'll either make a lot of friends or a lot of enemies. One of the towns we're looking at doesn't let franchises into the town, so that will be interesting. Over break, we went over there to see family for Christmas and then took a tour of all the towns we're looking at. We asked about restaurants and the realtor that showed us around starting laughing. "Well, there's a diner and a pizza place the kids like to hang out in and that's about it."  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 03:53:05 pm »

dam.
Report Spam   Logged
Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 01:34:14 pm »

Now we've pretty much decided on a town--Westborough, if anybody cares or knows the area--and it's come down to finding a house.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 02:44:03 pm »

I think I've heard the name before... hopefully the process of house-getting goes well for you. When I moved to MN, the previous owners sold us a pool table and mini fridge for about $100 or so. So some words of advice: "Go for the mini fridge!"
Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 09:40:57 pm »

Lol thanks we got a convertable pool/ping-pong table when we moved here, too, and now my brother and dad can't live without it.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 09:44:17 pm »

Sweet! It looks like this will all work out for you in the end.
Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 09:53:32 pm »

I think I've heard the name before... hopefully the process of house-getting goes well for you. When I moved to MN, the previous owners sold us a pool table and mini fridge for about $100 or so. So some words of advice: "Go for the mini fridge!"
No I think about it, you may have heard of the name from the Westboro cult--the people who believe that people are destroying the world and we should all die. No relation though, thank god.
Also, just an update since there basically has been like one post on this site since February, since my last post we've realized that there's hardly any houses for sale in Westborough--note the spelling difference--we've had to rebroaden our search. Westborough was selected originally because it had the best music program of all the schools we looked at, but a neighboring town, Northborough, has an equal program and a tops West in a few other subjects I'm interested. So Northborough is now our first choice.
Since my last post we've put our house on the market, and since then we've dropped our price. It's amazing the difference between MA and here. In a given town in MA, there will probably be about twelve-fifteen houses in our price range, twenty at the most. But when searching on realtor.com in only 60175 (half of St. Charles) and only from 550G to 600G there are between 90 and 110 results. On my small, rural street alone there are four houses for sale including ours, and two of them aren't even in that price range. What sucks is that we have probably twice the land as most St. Charles and South Elgin houses, and yet our price is 100-200G less than those in Fox Mill and Thornwood.
Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 07:59:19 pm »

Hey guys, thought I'd just update...Yesterday, we bought a house in Westborough and closed the deal on our house here. If you're curious, here's the link to my new house.

http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?ctid=3490&mnp=38&mxp=37&bd=5&bth=5&typ=1&sid=49e13a4d4db24a8982a3be58e834a4ee&lid=1099654080&lsn=3&srcnt=6#Detail
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum