Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:03:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Rap Music

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Rap Music  (Read 1071 times)
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2007, 08:19:24 pm »

Alright, I figured it about time to show you knobs what a rant really is...

So I was in the car today, listening to some music. You know. Music? May you have forgotten about music? To busy with your ARROGANT HEAD SHOVED UP YOUR RAP-BLASTING BEHIND? Well, lemme tell ya, this guy pulls along side us and turns up his rap to cover up the music I was playing.

Last time I checked, people liked listening to music. Not a cyclone of beat and drugs that only appeals to the obviously vast portion of our society that are so simple minded that the repetition amuses them enough to play 'Gettin' Some Head' to cover up 'Livin' on a Prayer'. I honestly can't understand it. Not only is that crap you call music an insult to my ears, but an insult to art in general!

Think of it this way. The man who purchased that rap 'artists' music promoted that slob to a greater level of ill-earned greatness. He's now on cloud 9 because of some beats that could've been passed as me kicking a bass drum to vent my rage at how stupid these people can be. All because YOU, the idiotic consumer, bought his CD and showed him that it was alright to skip the part of being a musician that actually required using your brain, and went straight to the WRESTLING, drugs and fame.

BULL crap is what it is. Remember when music was good? When people put effort into what they believed, not what they thought would push them up the charts? It's not even as long ago as Van Halen, or Ted Nugent. Nah, you can even go back a few years to the times of Smash Mouth and Good Charlotte. Nickelback, even. CARPENTER, they even had better NAMES back then! Deaf Leopard will never even have to be shamed by being compared to Snoop Dog or Shawnna.

What has this world come to? People will even ruin the face of music if it means making a quick buck.

For shame.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 09:17:08 pm »

Amen.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 09:39:15 pm »

So since rap is new it's not good, well jolly fuckin' gee solnob how could i top this. hmm, you give rap time to develep like with what we did with rock, it may actually sound good in 10 years. We weren't born at the time, but when rock first started to begen almost every one hated it but when it had been around long enough people started to enjoy it more.

Give rap a couple more years before you disapprove of it, it might give you time to understand it. And if you're to much of a **** hole to do that try listening to some rap music you might hear something you like.

But rap songs about asses and how they be jigglin' is pretty **** stupid.
Report Spam   Logged
Doorszeppelinwho
I do shrooms
Global Moderator
Peasant

Internets: 665

Boobies

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 01:41:04 am »

I agree that rap mostly sucks. But the type of rap your thinking of is mainstreame rap which is the kind that sucks (This is why I'm Hot, Riding, the popular stuff). Old school rap was actually somewhat good because the rappers had more creativity than to just brag about them selves and the crimes they commit. Also Def Leppard and Bon Jovi are just as shitty as rap.

What really pissis me off about rap besides that its talentless and still manages to make billions is that it creates wiggers, the ultimate spawn of evil. You know who they are, the stupid white people acting black. I hate them so much like how they talk example-  "Yo dog, just chill bro, me and my homies were dropping g's", **** like that. Why are these people basing the way they act off primitive neanderthal rappers who end up getting shot, butt raped in prison, over dosing, or just iching their STD ravaged privates. Why is it that when people conform they conform to the dumbest stuff? Couldn't one of these kids conform to be a honors student instead of a bummy trashy pop culture icons? The only answer I can think of is that they are just plain knee slapping stupid.
Report Spam   Logged

I LIEK GROBLINS

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 06:13:03 am »

Agreed.

Except Bon Jovi does not and will never suck.

And the people who hated rock when it started called it 'devil music' and such like, Petroid. I'm fully aware of that.

Also, one cannot 'act black', my friend. It is a race. Not a way of life. You can have a white guy talk about his dawgs and his gangstas all night long, he's not acting like a black guy: he's acting like a douche.
Report Spam   Logged

Mup
Sponsored by: The CIA
Administrator
Peasant

Internets: 2

U zuigt iedereen en ik ben uw god!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 07:13:20 am »

Also it depends on what kind of rap.

But also, i agree with the Hermit. But that is one freakin' long rant. CARPENTER.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh, poop. I can't think of what to put here. Um, yeah.
Asian
Administrator
Peasant

Internets: -5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 01:07:17 pm »

And the people who hated rock when it started called it 'devil music' and such like, Petroid. I'm fully aware of that.

Also, one cannot 'act black', my friend. It is a race. Not a way of life. You can have a white guy talk about his dawgs and his gangstas all night long, he's not acting like a black guy: he's acting like a douche.
Speakin of Devil Music, Most of the people that called it that were refering to the music played by the son of this one guy (who i can't recall the name of right now) who WAS satanic and started the whole rock symbol thing that Blaze duz alot. Yah, that stands for devil horns Blaze. I really don't have that big of a problem with it though. So yah... that's my input on "Devil Music".
~ If anyone knows the name for that guy tell me ok?
Report Spam   Logged

Pirate > Ninja
BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 06:01:03 pm »

There was only one rap song I liked, and I didn't know it was rap until I heard the whole song, then it all made sense. One reason it rocked was because it was Japanese, and they pwn everything.

For the narutards out there (myself included) the song is "Hero's Comeback" by Nobodyknows. (intro to Naruto: Shippuuden)
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 07:54:49 pm »

Yeah, the earlier rappers were good such as naz, Tupac(even though i'm a biggy fan)and public enemy they were rapping about 5hit that was going back then, like segregation and 5hit.

that's the rap i like
Report Spam   Logged
Doorszeppelinwho
I do shrooms
Global Moderator
Peasant

Boobies

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 09:20:53 pm »

Yeah, the earlier rappers were good such as naz, Tupac(even though i'm a biggy fan)and public enemy they were rapping about 5hit that was going back then, like segregation and 5hit.

that's the rap i like
I agree. They didn't rap about the same things which made some of it good and the rest some what bearable.

Also Bon Jovi does suck and well always suck because their music is gay, cheesey, popy, unorginal, and weak. If you want real rock not popy rock try Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Who, Hendrix, and pretty much most of the stuff in the 60s/70s.
Report Spam   Logged

I LIEK GROBLINS

Picard
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 11:09:34 pm »

I could not agree more! RAP is a horibble thing.. not to be mistaken for real music
Report Spam   Logged
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 06:58:16 am »

that's the rap i like
I agree. They didn't rap about the same things which made some of it good and the rest some what bearable.

Also Bon Jovi does suck and well always suck because their music is gay, cheesey, popy, unorginal, and weak. If you want real rock not popy rock try Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Who, Hendrix, and pretty much most of the stuff in the 60s/70s.
'Ey man. I'm a classic rocker, the same as you. I listen to quite regularly all of the bands in your previous post. Including Bon Jovi. >.> And Def Leppard. And hey, if you want 'unoriginal', there's a good number of Beatles songs that don't exactaly sing non-conformity, my friend.
Report Spam   Logged

Mup
Sponsored by: The CIA
Administrator
Peasant

Internets: 2

U zuigt iedereen en ik ben uw god!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 07:17:48 am »

I'm afraid Doors zepelin is right Solmu. That IS good music, although i do like some Bon Jovi.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh, poop. I can't think of what to put here. Um, yeah.
Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 05:26:54 pm »

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, I NEVER SAID I LIKED BON JOVI (personly i think he's a fruit) BUT I NEVER SAID I DIDNT LIKE ROCK,OR THE BEATLES FOR THAT MATTER(they deserve their own catgory their that good) GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT SOL...****. I'M JUST SAYING I LIKE OLD RAP DICK FACE
Report Spam   Logged
Doorszeppelinwho
I do shrooms
Global Moderator
Peasant

Boobies

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 10:08:19 pm »

How can you say that any of the Beatles songs are unoriginal, they pretty much were the most original band of all time (Listen to Sgt. Peppers or the White Album for instance). They pretty much started everything in rock. Elvis started rock but The Beatles built up on it in countless ways, so you could technically say that they are a co-founder of the genre. Bon Jovi and Def Leppard are basically sell-outs they make music for the money and are incredibly cliche. The Beatles did it because they loved it. I guess you could say that a few songs on The Beatles first few albums (which aren't what the Beatles are known for) sound a bit unorginal but the albums were orginal enough to take the whole world by storm. Pretty much the only unoriginal Beatles songs were covers of artists they loved that they preformed on BBC. You honestly have to be completely stupid to ever say the Beatles have a good number of unoriginal songs. Don't ever diss the greatest band on the planet.
Report Spam   Logged

I LIEK GROBLINS

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum