Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:02:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyone, get Xfire and PM Blaze or Solmu to get into the "Xfire Clan" so we can chat on there and play games!
www.xfire.com Keep in mind you have to download it.

Of course, only Windows users need to worry about viruses when they download this, because Mac's can't download it at all.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Religion.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion.  (Read 1060 times)
ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 01:18:32 pm »

I cant watch the video where I am right now but I will comment on the story.

there are always crazy people who misinterpret religion. the "earth angel" man u saw was one of them. the terrorists are another group. the terrorists claim they do what they do in the name of allah and whatnot. islam is not a bad religion and is in no way worse than any other religion. the terrorists use it as a tool to gather followers and they misinterpret it and bend it to their will. I realize this is not entirely accurate but I beleive it is close enough for the purposes of this argument. just because there are crazy people who do crazy things for their "religion" doesnt make that religion bad in any way.

also: I find the term "surprise wrestling" very funny. let me try:
**** **** rap3 r@p3 raped RAPED

huh, maybe u guys should fix that lol
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 01:20:13 pm by ArkofCovenant » Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 05:23:07 pm »

also: I find the term "surprise wrestling" very funny. let me try:
SURPRISE WRESTLING SURPRISE WRESTLING rap3 r@p3 raped RAPED

huh, maybe u guys should fix that lol
We don't care if you say **** or not. It's just funny. 
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 07:43:41 pm »

right. I mean fix it so that when I say RAPED it should also say **** just like when I say r_ape
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 08:05:52 pm »

right. I mean fix it so that when I say RAPED it should also say SURPRISE WRESTLING just like when I say r_ape
What I mean is, we don't care if you say bad words. The filter is pretty much a gag here.

Don't take that as an invitation, however. *sets ban stick to stun*
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 08:12:08 pm »

right and I mean as a gag it would be more funny if it filtered all versions of the word "R_A_P_E" including past tense and present tense "Raping"
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 07:13:42 pm »

What does this have to do with religion?
If you plan on discussing this, I suggest you do it someplace else that isn't in the religion, and in that case, the debate forums.

Anyways, my dad brought up a good point earlier. There MAY be a higher power, and he can respect that. But human religion is screwed up. No one really knows what life after death is like. The supposed higher being doesn't want freakin' sacrifices. Seriously. Someone must have been on something when they decided that a god wanted to have a rabbit sacrificed, then preach equality to all... except people of other races/ religions/ beliefs.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2007, 07:26:50 pm »

Anyways, my dad brought up a good point earlier. There MAY be a higher power, and he can respect that. But human religion is screwed up. No one really knows what life after death is like. The supposed higher being doesn't want freakin' sacrifices. Seriously. Someone must have been on something when they decided that a god wanted to have a rabbit sacrificed, then preach equality to all... except people of other races/ religions/ beliefs.
NOTE: I'm not disagreeing, I'm using you as leverage.

If there MAY be a higher power, why isn't it just as easy to say there MAY not be?

It's just a theory. There is no proof. The Bible is NOT proof. It is something that someone MADE UP, and there is no real reason to follow it blindly like so many do.

Another thing. Your true beliefs cannot be obtained simply by leeching them off of another. It takes an extensive amount of thought process. I have spent my entire life trying to comprehend what I believe, and being debunked by 'THE BIBLE SAYS SO' really sets me on edge.

That's why I hate Christianity.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 07:36:10 pm »

NOTE: I'm not disagreeing, I'm using you as leverage.

If there MAY be a higher power, why isn't it just as easy to say there MAY not be?

It's just a theory. There is no proof. The Bible is NOT proof. It is something that someone MADE UP, and there is no real reason to follow it blindly like so many do.
That's pretty much what I'm saying, maybe there is a higher power, maybe there isn't. But religion is so whacked, and everyone has such different perspectives you can't really be told what's true or false.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 09:41:15 am »

yeah and some people think that if u say god doesnt exist or u talk bad about god u will get hit by lightning or something bad will happen.......

*ark waits*

damn, well screw that theory
Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Internets: -69

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 05:16:57 pm »

I don't think so, considering the Bible mentions only Earth (a formless wasteland, yet there was darkness and water before god even began making earth. Somehow.). In fact, I think that a universe isn;t even mentioned, just earth. I think. Could be wrong.
I know you said that this is just what "they say", so no offense Level_9_Chao, but the only reason that a universe isn't mentioned is because the people who made up the creation myth (yes, i went there) didn't know there was a universe. if people today wrote the creation myth, they would have said that God created the universe. Really, most of the stories in the bible are myths. stories that people made up thousands of years ago to explain why something is or to make a point or to provide a moral and no one can dispute that fact. most bible stories are no higher in legitimacy than those of ancient greece and rome, and yet those stories were tossed aside as false.
For the record I'm not aethiest I'm more of a Lutheran or an agnostic.
Report Spam   Logged

Yeah, das right. Da Laffinator.
BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2007, 07:26:30 pm »

I thought of something while having a religion rant at lunch one day. First off, most of America is made up of Christians, or other religions who aren't allowed to kill, correct? Secondly, the army of the United States is pretty large and made up of a lot of Christian soldiers.
When they go to fight, so they believe God wants them to be victorious or kill the other side? Or are they thinking, "Wow, based on my beliefs, I shouldn't be here!" Nope. Instead, they kill people and still believe that God is with them, although they aren't allowed to kill, otherwise they'll go to hell.
After all that, my History teacher made us read this: "The War Prayer"
Check it out, and let's see what you think.
Report Spam   Logged

Proudane122
Da Laffinator
Scholar

Internets: -69

Da Laffinator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2007, 09:37:22 pm »

When they go to fight, so they believe God wants them to be victorious or kill the other side? Or are they thinking, "Wow, based on my beliefs, I shouldn't be here!" Nope. Instead, they kill people and still believe that God is with them, although they aren't allowed to kill, otherwise they'll go to hell.
Well, according to Christianity, if they ask for forgiveness they pretty much don't go to hell, and even if they don't ask for forgiveness they still get forgiveness if they believe in CARPENTER. Yeah, Christianity is kind of an easy religion.
Report Spam   Logged

Yeah, das right. Da Laffinator.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum