Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:22:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ninjas or Pirates?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Ninjas or Pirates?  (Read 2585 times)
Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2007, 08:15:06 pm »

If the chicks didn't have the STD's to start with, then they wouldn't be spreading it. STD's are a world effort, not just a single group causing them.
Report Spam   Logged

Doorszeppelinwho
I do shrooms
Global Moderator
Peasant

Internets: 665

Boobies

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2007, 08:19:56 pm »

If the chicks didn't have the STD's to start with, then they wouldn't be spreading it. STD's are a world effort, not just a single group causing them.

That still means pirates have STDs and ninjas don't. Ninjas win again.
Report Spam   Logged

I LIEK GROBLINS

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2007, 07:16:23 pm »

So Ninjas don't reproduce. Nice argument. Nub.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2007, 01:27:17 pm »

Who says they don't?

And going back to the argument about Ninjas existing, for one, who's to say they actually don't? And also, to date, there are at least 2 actual Ninja Warriors in the world.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2007, 09:07:32 pm »

Who says they don't?

And going back to the argument about Ninjas existing, for one, who's to say they actually don't? And also, to date, there are at least 2 actual Ninja Warriors in the world.
I laugh at your miscomprehension.

The two warriors of which you speak are winners of a Japanese game show called 'Ninja Warrior'. Only two people have mastered the insane obstacle course.

There have been countless numbers of real ninjas. People who assassinate, people who sneak about, people who steal, etc.

Both parties are in fact real.

And on the subject of STD's, female ninjas had a tactic of poisoning their vaginas and then sleeping with their target. Suicide WRESTLING, if you will.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2007, 10:11:43 pm »

I know about Ninjas Warrior because I watch it. Zro said early on that Ninjas didn't exist. So which is it, exist? Or not? (but like I said, it doesn't really matter that much, I just wanted to point out that they do exist) Plus, Ninjas Warrior does rock (quite a bit more than that Reality TV show, Pirate Master.) It's intense all the crap they go through.

Back to the topic of STD's, at least the kunoichi actually killed their target and didn't spread more STD's over the High Seas.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2007, 08:28:45 am »

I know about Ninjas Warrior because I watch it. Zro said early on that Ninjas didn't exist. So which is it, exist? Or not? (but like I said, it doesn't really matter that much, I just wanted to point out that they do exist) Plus, Ninjas Warrior does rock (quite a bit more than that Reality TV show, Pirate Master.) It's intense all the crap they go through.

Back to the topic of STD's, at least the kunoichi actually killed their target and didn't spread more STD's over the High Seas.
Yeah, but they'd die doing it.

What you're not understanding is the flexibility and creativity of pirates. That is what puts them over ninjas. Ninjas only have one way of doing things, and if it doesn't work, they kill themselves. Pirates, on the other hand, have no problems using unorthodox techniques, or political pressure to get what they want in the end.

What's more, there was no such thing as a 'roan ninja'. There were lone samurai, called Ronin, but they are not part of this discussion. Pirates, on the other hand, worked solely for their own personal benefit. This may sound greedy and ignorant, but it also means that they have a freedom to do whatever they want and make whatever sacrifices they want to make based on their views, not their leaders. This gives them the ultimate loyalty to the cause, putting them yet another notch above ninjas.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2007, 02:17:55 pm »

Ninjas really don't have any honor, they'll come up behind you and stab you in the heart. While pirates fight more honorably(not a lot more honorably but more) they'll fight you and who ever wins is based on there swordsmen ship. And even if they don't that they still let you walk the plank, which at least you arnt surprised when it happens.
Report Spam   Logged
BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2007, 09:08:54 pm »

On the topic of Honor, in a sword fight, don't pirates usually pull out guns? And also, Ninjas bring honor to their country. Ever think of that?

On the topic of suicide, DON'T DO IT. Other than that, Ninjas don't fail their assignment. And they don't only have one way to do something, as in they don't have to go through Window A, but they could go through Window B. Or take one step to the left and such. And they won't have to kill themselves because of this.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007, 08:57:08 pm »

On the topic of Honor, in a sword fight, don't pirates usually pull out guns?
That was one time in a historically inaccurate popular motion picture. Your sources are not valid.

Quote from: BlazingWyvern
On the topic of suicide, DON'T DO IT. Other than that, Ninjas don't fail their assignment.
If you are so against suicide, why do you support ninjas? They feel this is the only honorable path after failure.

And your argument that they simply never fail reminds me of someone, when questioned about God, saying, 'Because the Bible says so.'

Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2007, 09:44:01 pm »

Well, Pirates technically commit suicide due to the ammount of alcohol they drink. And I'm against it, because I don't think suicide is right. Ninjas can't fail their assignments, they train too hard for it. So there is no need to kill themselves.

And I didn't get the idea of pulling a gun in a sword-fight from an innacurate popular motion picture, I was asking a question. And Pirates are usually too drunk to worry about honor. All they care about is their own life, no one else's.
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 9

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2007, 01:07:16 pm »

Well, Pirates technically commit suicide due to the ammount of alcohol they drink.

Not really. If it's by accident it don't count.

Nevertheless, ninjas win, somehow.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2007, 08:34:54 am »

On another not, Pirates get beaten by Sunny-D in a commercial. MULTIPLE Pirates.
I know there was another one where Sunny-D beat a Ninja, but it was supposed to be a video game thing, and it was ONE Ninja. I just felt like showing both sides. Pirates get owned by a drink. Ninja-game-character gets defeated by a hacker.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2007, 01:27:15 pm »

hey im Ark, Freechak's (BlazingWyvern) friend. anyway....
okay... asuming we are debating who would win in a fight...
It depends on the conditions of the fight. Are we on land? in a house? on a spinning waterwheel gone crazy? underwater? on a mountain? underground? there are so many places where a ninja may encounter a pirate... and each of them present different opportunities and uh... thing to kill each other with for each side. So...
if we put a pirate on land in the middle of a field armed with a sword 2 pistols and a dagger/knife and we have a ninja 50 feet away armed with your ninja weapon of choice (as said before, they have mastered all weapons) I would give it to the ninja...
however pirates are not normally alone in a field on dry land away from their ship... so it is unlikely that these circumstances will ever actually come into being....

anyway thats what I think Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2007, 02:55:44 pm »

Going back to One Piece vs Naruto, I like Naruto better because they have complicated solutions that make perfect sense. (One example is the whole "focus" thing. Jiraiya draws a symbol on Naruto's hand, then pulls out a sheet of paper and tells Naruto to look at it, then draws a symbol on it and tells him to look at it again. Basically, your eyes look all over the blank sheet, but focus immediately on the symbol in the middle of the second sheet). One Piece on the other hand is all determination, and I'm fine with that. I'm all for determination (as some of you already know), but a guy that's made of rubber being better than a ninja? That's just preposterous. All of a sudden, Luppe (sp?) will get hit by a steamroller, then get shot by twelve cannons, but manage to get up because they won't crush his dream. And after that he'll be launched into space, fall into water (seeing as water is his weakness?) but still survive because of his dream.

I respect both shows, but I enjoy Naruto quite a bit better. Logic beats rubber any day.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum