Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:05:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyone, get Xfire and PM Blaze or Solmu to get into the "Xfire Clan" so we can chat on there and play games!
www.xfire.com Keep in mind you have to download it.

Of course, only Windows users need to worry about viruses when they download this, because Mac's can't download it at all.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ninjas or Pirates?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Ninjas or Pirates?  (Read 2590 times)
Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2007, 03:02:19 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 9

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2007, 03:31:15 pm »

I detect win.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2007, 12:14:56 pm »

*Ark rofl's until parents come in and shoot him*

wow i dont even care if that is fake. Im to lazy to go back and read the first post, are we debating which is cooler or who would win in a fight or which you would rather be?

I think someone should make a movie about ninja-pirates and we would all be like "OMG OMG OMG PIRATE NINJA'S OMG OMG OMG OMG"

although there would be little plot unless it was pirate-ninja's against pirate-ninja's because a pirate ninja could solve any sort of problem in less than 5 seconds unless it required beating another pirate ninja.

also, if pirates and ninja made vows to try and wipe each other out, who would win? okay and then if we gave the ninja's modern submarines and we gave the pirates nuclear missiles who would win?
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2007, 01:03:46 pm »

Ok, about salaries. Let me point out a few things. Pirates would spend half of their salary on some form of alcoholic beverage. Also, they can't be paid if they die in the middle of a battle/ pointless mutiny. Plus, the money they acquire has to go to managing the ship and making sure they have more alcohol then they already had.
Ninja don't need to spend all of their money on useless crap that'll make them braindead, so they save a lot more money.
Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2007, 10:57:52 pm »

Whats wrong with spending a wee bit of cash on some lager (or grog)?

Ninjas have to buy weapons, sharpen them, they have to get thier clothes dry cleaned or what ever. Ninjas cant be paid if they die too.
Report Spam   Logged

Doorszeppelinwho
I do shrooms
Global Moderator
Peasant

Internets: 665

Boobies

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2007, 11:27:04 pm »

Yeah, but they'd die doing it.

What you're not understanding is the flexibility and creativity of pirates. That is what puts them over ninjas. Ninjas only have one way of doing things, and if it doesn't work, they kill themselves. Pirates, on the other hand, have no problems using unorthodox techniques, or political pressure to get what they want in the end.

I already posted this but it stumps you completely illogical argument again.

Actually Ninjas are trained to have instant quick problem solving so that they can find a way to get their mission done given any situation. They are trained to find a way to counter any attack/weapon (problem solving), find a ways to hide anywhere (problem solving), find ways to spy anywhere (problem solving), instantly change plans when something goes wrong/different (problem solving), find ways to trick anybody (problem solving), and quickly lie there way out of things (problem solving). Everything doesn't have to go as planned for a Ninja they can quickly change it given any situation.

Ninjas killing themselves when they fail is deserved most of the time because they have so many assests and skills that they should never fail, and failing is pretty rare.

Ninjas have way more skills in doing unorthodox techniques and they don't have a problem with it either, because they do what ever to complete the mission. The can easily apply political pressure (a 10000000x easier than a pirate could)  by controling the government with black mail ( a pirate could but not as easy as a ninja could), taking hostages, breaking into government property, etc.
Report Spam   Logged

I LIEK GROBLINS

Doorszeppelinwho
I do shrooms
Global Moderator
Peasant

Internets: 665

Boobies

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2007, 11:35:56 pm »

Ninjas really don't have any honor, they'll come up behind you and stab you in the heart. While pirates fight more honorably(not a lot more honorably but more) they'll fight you and who ever wins is based on there swordsmen ship. And even if they don't that they still let you walk the plank, which at least you arnt surprised when it happens.
Are you kidding me, pirates are criminals they have way less honor. A whole ninja's training is based on honor, they kill from behind to avoid unecessary killing and thats also what there suppose to do, its stealth, its alot smarter than running up to the person and getting caught, which their job requires them to avoid.
Report Spam   Logged

I LIEK GROBLINS

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2007, 07:59:10 am »

Ok, about salaries. Let me point out a few things. Pirates would spend half of their salary on some form of alcoholic beverage. Also, they can't be paid if they die in the middle of a battle/ pointless mutiny. Plus, the money they acquire has to go to managing the ship and making sure they have more alcohol then they already had.
Ninja don't need to spend all of their money on useless crap that'll make them braindead, so they save a lot more money.
The term 'ninja' is a Japanese word for the Chinese term 'hashassin', the root of our 'assassin'. Hashassins were called this because they were killers, and traditionally they would spend all or a large amount of their money on hash, a drug that is not unlike crack ****.

Also, pirates work on their ship, not live there. Just because they leave their real home to go on a voyage doesn't mean that they now have to 'pay the rent' on the ship. The captain has to pay to manage the ship; he pays the salaries of the pirates. The pirates, therefore, need to take care of the ship, and make money for it. Ninjas, on the other hand, don't necessarily have this set-up, and have to take a cut out of their salary to pay the utilities.

On the topic of pointless battles. These battles were what the pirates got their pay for. If they found and fought another ship, the captain could make the decision to fight for salvage. This means that they purposely try to not destroy the ship, just kill the occupants so it can be looted. Afterwards, if the captured ship is currently at war, it can be towed to whatever side it is not on and be traded in for ransom. This is not a pointless endeavor, because each one of the pirates gets his own share, while the captain gets first pick. It's not much, but large amounts of money have been given to ships for treasure discovered, thus making for large dividends for each crewman. The fact that they can risk their life to make money shows a tendency to live on the edge, which makes up the large portion of the glamor that people see in them.

Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2007, 02:10:27 pm »

Also, pirates work on their ship, not live there. Just because they leave their real home to go on a voyage doesn't mean that they now have to 'pay the rent' on the ship. The captain has to pay to manage the ship; he pays the salaries of the pirates. The pirates, therefore, need to take care of the ship, and make money for it.
In the midst of battles, the ship, AS WELL AS your body would be damaged, so not only would you need to pay expenses for fixing the ship, but also pay medical expenses. Also, while on the ship, everyone needs to get food and such like I said before. And yes, for a period of time, usually long, they need to live on a ship. It isn't something where you suddenly say, "Okay, I guess we'll go home now!" and poof you're there, it's more like, "Alright, we've been traveling for a few months, time to take a few more months to get back home!"
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2007, 06:04:10 pm »

DO WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE, YOU ARE A PIRATE.
Report Spam   Logged
Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2007, 08:10:42 pm »

Page 3 Peter.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2007, 08:24:19 pm »

In the midst of battles, the ship, AS WELL AS your body would be damaged, so not only would you need to pay expenses for fixing the ship, but also pay medical expenses. Also, while on the ship, everyone needs to get food and such like I said before. And yes, for a period of time, usually long, they need to live on a ship. It isn't something where you suddenly say, "Okay, I guess we'll go home now!" and poof you're there, it's more like, "Alright, we've been traveling for a few months, time to take a few more months to get back home!"
Did you even read what I wrote? >.<

The captain has to maintain the ship. They make much more money because of this. The pirates on board don't give a damn about the boat, just the bounty they collect. They can spend months at sea, yes. I don't see your point. They live on the ship until food runs out. And also, pirate ships spend most time just out of sight of land, because it is easiest to bring back salvages. They can get back in a matter of hours.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2007, 03:56:33 pm »

Did you even read what I wrote? >.<
... kinda...

Just to bring up another point, Ninja don't have to wear all black clothes (Solmu would know this). The stereotypical black clothing came from kabuki theatre; the people who moved the puppets around wore all black, making them invisible in the background. Also, as to help reinforce this point, if you ever see a ninja, it's not a ninja.
Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2007, 02:27:35 am »

http://www.piratelaws.com/

Arrr...don't ye read rule 70.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2007, 10:47:38 am »

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFLR FOORLFORLFORLFL RO F  OMGIMONFIRE

that was hilarious. I like rule 21

SOLMU: Don't spam. I'm failing you for this.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 04:53:43 pm by Hermit Solmu » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum