Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
April 18, 2024, 10:02:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyone, get Xfire and PM Blaze or Solmu to get into the "Xfire Clan" so we can chat on there and play games!
www.xfire.com Keep in mind you have to download it.

Of course, only Windows users need to worry about viruses when they download this, because Mac's can't download it at all.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Motion Pictures

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motion Pictures  (Read 283 times)
Megamanda
Global Moderator
Peasant

Internets: 2

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 10:36:03 pm »

I am quite sick of all these crap trilogies that completely lack a cohesive plot, a proper script, or adequate acting. The third Pirates movie made little sense, over-used old material from the previous two films, and placed waaayyy too much pressure on Johnny Depp to carry the entire film (although he did make a hell of an attempt). The only reason the three hour film was tolerable was because of Orlando Bloom (yes, he's a terrible actor, but he's hot). Although I haven't yet seen it, I have also heard that Spiderman 3 sucks BUM-BUM...I'll just leave it at that. Not only this, but there is a third Shrek movie now out in theaters. I personally believe that they are over-doing it and trying to capitalize on its popularity while they still can rather than attempting to make an enjoyable, funny kids movie. Ugh

Whatever happened to good movies that focus more upon plot and good acting rather than special effects and uber hot celebrities (although they do make good eye-candy)? Of coarse, the only good movie I've seen in a while was a foreign film--Pan's Labrynth. It seems that aspirations of quality have gone out the window here in the US. Honestly, the only movies showing in theaters right now are the three blockbusters mentioned above, and horror films. Come on!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 9

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 03:59:41 pm »

I am quite sick of all these crap trilogies that completely lack a cohesive plot, a proper script, or adequate acting. The third Pirates movie made little sense, over-used old material from the previous two films, and placed waaayyy too much pressure on Johnny Depp to carry the entire film (although he did make a hell of an attempt). The only reason the three hour film was tolerable was because of Orlando Bloom (yes, he's a terrible actor, but he's hot). Although I haven't yet seen it, I have also heard that Spiderman 3 sucks BUM-BUM...I'll just leave it at that. Not only this, but there is a third Shrek movie now out in theaters. I personally believe that they are over-doing it and trying to capitalize on its popularity while they still can rather than attempting to make an enjoyable, funny kids movie. Ugh

Whatever happened to good movies that focus more upon plot and good acting rather than special effects and uber hot celebrities (although they do make good eye-candy)? Of coarse, the only good movie I've seen in a while was a foreign film--Pan's Labrynth. It seems that aspirations of quality have gone out the window here in the US. Honestly, the only movies showing in theaters right now are the three blockbusters mentioned above, and horror films. Come on!

The KotLT thought Pirates 3 was extreme win. I mean, they made it way too obvious that there was gonna be a third, but it still basically kicked BUM-BUM. I didn't know what was going on either, but it was still totally radical. I don't really care about plot, I just want a fun movie to watch. Plot helps though.

Spiderman 3 was okay too, although I agree they didn't do anything necessary to really move along the plot. They kinda did, but if they ended with the 2nd one I wouldn't have known or cared.

Pan's Labyrinth looked really good though. I never saw it but prolly will.

And yeah, I hate Shrek too.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:36:59 pm »

I actually thought Pirates 3 was pretty good. If not for the action, for the comedy, like at the end... sorry, no spoilers  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 9

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:45:09 pm »

I actually thought Pirates 3 was pretty good. If not for the action, for the comedy, like at the end... sorry, no spoilers  Tongue

I seriously fell asleep twice during the movie. Tomo woke me up.

I forgot what happened at the end... There were those two girls and that drunk guy who sleeps...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum