Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:32:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Halo Sucks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo Sucks.  (Read 1847 times)
ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 08:40:22 pm »

maybe u play as the toys who are tired of being stepped on, spit on, thrown around and pooped on by the little kid (represented by his hands) so the toys stage a tournament to see who is the best fighter out of all of them and the winner faces off against the child's hands and if he wins the child wont like the toys anymore because they beat him so he would get rid of them, leaving the toys to live in peace for the remainder of their lives.

although if the kid didnt like the toys he would probably either sell them (meaning they have the same predicament again) or he would throw them away (so the toys spend the rest of their lives in a landfill)
obviously this was not well thought-out by the toys.

as to the lasers and missiles, the child's parents are weapons scientists for the military, and they leave their experiments lying around the house.

wow I just wrote the friggin story to smash bros. rofl

Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 09:17:40 pm »

I still say Halo's story beats Smash'... lol
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2007, 01:32:16 pm »

yeah, it does. seriously. except for the story I just wrote. that one is way better than both stories combined Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2007, 04:49:51 pm »

maybe u play as the toys who are tired of being stepped on, spit on, thrown around and pooped on by the little kid (represented by his hands) so the toys stage a tournament to see who is the best fighter out of all of them and the winner faces off against the child's hands and if he wins the child wont like the toys anymore because they beat him so he would get rid of them, leaving the toys to live in peace for the remainder of their lives.

although if the kid didnt like the toys he would probably either sell them (meaning they have the same predicament again) or he would throw them away (so the toys spend the rest of their lives in a landfill)
obviously this was not well thought-out by the toys.

as to the lasers and missiles, the child's parents are weapons scientists for the military, and they leave their experiments lying around the house.

wow I just wrote the friggin story to smash bros. rofl

Fail.

The subtlety and depth of Smash's story is a lot better than Halo's classic save-the-world run.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2007, 06:39:08 pm »

These are two completly different games, so making it impossible to... aww **** it. SMASH OWNS **** (in multiplayer) HALO PWNS IN SINGLE/MULTIPLAYER!!

But still I vote Smash
Report Spam   Logged
ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2007, 12:43:11 pm »

Fail.

The subtlety and depth of Smash's story is a lot better than Halo's classic save-the-world run.

wtf? I though we just determined smash had no story? thats kindof the reason I just wrote one because it doesnt have one....

okay who thinks that smash has a "story" who thinks it doesnt?
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 02:03:32 pm »

Fail.

wtf? I though we just determined smash had no story? thats kindof the reason I just wrote one because it doesnt have one....

okay who thinks that smash has a "story" who thinks it doesnt?
It very obviously does.

It's just not outlined by cutscenes and voice overs. You have to actually think.

To bad you can't cleverly respond because I banned you for 3 days.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 04:13:22 pm »

Classic save-the-world run? OMG Aliens?
Tch.

Okay, how many games about aliens involve you actually teaming up with half of the alien faction you're fighting because the other half caused a mutiny that separated the race in half? And how many include a kind of life-form trapped inside of a contraption , or in this case, "Halo", that need to feed off of living things to survive, and the only way to destroy them all is wipe out existence, thus causing them to die of starvation? Not many. In fact, none.
In a sense, it's not save-the-world, it's team up and save the universe.
Report Spam   Logged

Petroid
I'm hurgery...
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1000

Shoot Shoot Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 11:56:05 am »

In almost every game you have to save something(usually the world) in smash, you have save your self from whose ever attacking you and you have save yourself from the master hands. But the classic save the world is sooo over used.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 08:16:03 pm »

Classic save-the-world run? OMG Aliens?
Tch.

Okay, how many games about aliens involve you actually teaming up with half of the alien faction you're fighting because the other half caused a mutiny that separated the race in half? And how many include a kind of life-form trapped inside of a contraption , or in this case, "Halo", that need to feed off of living things to survive, and the only way to destroy them all is wipe out existence, thus causing them to die of starvation? Not many. In fact, none.
In a sense, it's not save-the-world, it's team up and save the universe.
In a sense, it's save the world, plus details.

Seriously, it's an over-used plotline. Not that that is bad, oh no. I've seen classic plots used greatly; Halo is one example. Resident Evil 4 is another one: SAVE THE PRESIDENTS DAUGHTER LOL. Still, both great games.

Smash takes the story in a whole new direction. It's not an overused plotline, because it's completely new.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 07:14:16 pm »

Yeah. I do like the fact that Brawl will actually incorporate a storyline that isn't really "Open Ended".
Report Spam   Logged

okdud12
Noob

Internets: 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2007, 10:21:59 pm »

halo doesn't suck!

and halo 3 soon!
Report Spam   Logged

when at first you don't succeed reset the game

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2007, 07:41:23 pm »

dude seriously, try to make yur posts relevant to the thread not just the title.
I bet u didnt even read the thread. or even more than 2 of the posts.
anyway I hope the "story" in brawl will be good or else I will be angry cuz they should have just taken mine and but it in there instead if they are just gonna throw togather some crap
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2007, 07:02:22 am »

dude seriously, try to make yur posts relevant to the thread not just the title.
I bet u didnt even read the thread. or even more than 2 of the posts.
anyway I hope the "story" in brawl will be good or else I will be angry cuz they should have just taken mine and but it in there instead if they are just gonna throw togather some crap
Lol @ you throwing together some crap.

Also, the Melee story is gonna be better than the Brawl one. Phiscological questioning on life by means of toys > The Subspace Emissary.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2007, 08:03:28 pm »

for those of us who are too lazy, what is this "subspace emmisary" thing?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum