Knights of the Lunch Table Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:12:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok you lovable friends, Chao and Solmu are currently working on adding an add-on to the forum, our imageboard, KotLTchan.

We'll be able to link you and stuff when we get it all set up.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Halo Sucks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo Sucks.  (Read 1851 times)
Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 9

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2007, 07:33:21 pm »

Prove me wrong.

That's right. You can't. Because it is made of overrated and crap.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

Internets: 2

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Original Knight of the Lunch Table
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 1337

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 01:23:53 pm »

it is made of overrated
Huh
Saying that it is overrated and crap doesn't really say why you think it sucks. People like it because of it's playability and storyline. As well as easter eggs and glitches. (Plus the Master Chief just owns)
I can't argue with you if I don't know why you hate it.

Especially if Zro doesn't even say anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 02:10:35 pm »

Lol my picture got deleted. =(
It was a seal of approval, haha.
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 08:58:13 pm »

Huh
Saying that it is overrated and crap doesn't really say why you think it sucks. People like it because of it's playability and storyline. As well as easter eggs and glitches. (Plus the Master Chief just owns)
I can't argue with you if I don't know why you hate it.

Especially if Zro doesn't even say anything.

Playability: another generic shooter offering nothing really different and having the same control as like every other shooter ever.
Storyline: OH **** ALIENS
Easter eggs: A gun everybody knows about and a soccer ball.
Glitches: will never kick as much BUM-BUM as the black hole. Not even the flying tank.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

Internets: 37

The Head of the GunZ Clan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:52:34 am »

Halo is a shooter that it is very easy to get a handle on, and the menus are set up well enough that you can play a substantial game in like 10 minutes. That's why it's fun.

Also, the weapons are simple yet personalized to the game, so you have stuff to learn when you first start, but you already have a pretty good grasp on the situation.

As for graphics, they are very well done with low-poly models, allowing them to put ungodly amounts of high-def textures in. Very pretty, very easy to run. Har-tok.

And I see no reason that this shouldn't be in video games, so that's where it's going.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 07:53:22 am by Hermit Solmu » Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 04:16:51 pm »

Playability: another generic shooter offering nothing really different and having the same control as like every other shooter ever.
Storyline: OH **** ALIENS
Easter eggs: A gun everybody knows about and a soccer ball.
Glitches: will never kick as much BUM-BUM as the black hole. Not even the flying tank.
Storyline is more of: Okay, we just got back from hopefully defeating the Covenant. Woah, they're attacking them, we should follow them and defend Earth. Covenant Side: Okay, you need to go stop a heretic leader, but get caught up in a plot to take over the covenant from the inside.

Easter Eggs: The Skulls. Back-Levels. Scarab Gun. Soccer Ball. Dancing Grunties.

Glitches: Blackhole is better, but the glitches are more numerous and outweigh Smash's glitches.

What else?
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 07:14:42 pm »

Storyline is more of: Okay, we just got back from hopefully defeating the Covenant. Woah, they're attacking them, we should follow them and defend Earth. Covenant Side: Okay, you need to go stop a heretic leader, but get caught up in a plot to take over the covenant from the inside.

a.k.a. OH **** ALIENS

Easter Eggs: The Skulls. Back-Levels. Scarab Gun. Soccer Ball. Dancing Grunties.

Everything has back levels. Scarab gun is useless in modern society. Soccer ball does nothing. I forgot what the skulls did, but it was pointless, I believe. Dancing Grunties are less funny than Roy sucking Fox.

Glitches: Blackhole is better, but the glitches are more numerous and outweigh Smash's glitches.

Games shouldn't have glitches anyway, especially since Halo 2 is just Halo 1 with crap added on whereas Smash Melee is a total rewrite of N64.

What else?

I am a giant **** by trying to compare an FPS to a fighting game.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 02:25:01 pm »

All the things you've said so far are completely bias. The storyline lets you play as the covenant, so your opinion of the overview is extremely wrong. Fact beats opinion.

Super Smash has back levels? Wow, really? Can you actually go into the background and move around in 3-Dimensions?

The scarab gun being useless in modern society was a pointless statement; Metal Boxes would be equally pointless if not greater.

The soccer ball is just an easter egg that you can play with if you're playing co-op with a friend. Roy owns.

Smash Melee is not a "total rewrite" as you said. Otherwise the controls would be different. Tell me how Smash is a total rewrite and I'll let you know why you're wrong. And Halo 2 technically is Halo 1 with better things added on such as new storyline, more weapons, enhanced graphics, new multiplayer maps, more customization, and better online play(the list goes on). Super smash is technically the same, just not as many upgrades.
Report Spam   Logged

Level_9_Chao
I like nine.
Administrator
Squire

Co-creator of the KotLT.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 07:29:52 pm »

All the things you've said so far are completely bias. The storyline lets you play as the covenant, so your opinion of the overview is extremely wrong. Fact beats opinion.

Fact: OH **** ALIENS vs. OH **** HUMANS
Opinion: It's just like any other humans vs. aliens intergalactic space battle with guns.

Super Smash has back levels? Wow, really? Can you actually go into the background and move around in 3-Dimensions?
I don't even know what a back level is, and if Halo can't give me some 2D action or basically innovate in any way, shut it.

The scarab gun being useless in modern society was a pointless statement; Metal Boxes would be equally pointless if not greater.
Too bad Smash is a fantasy involving imagination therefore not needing a point. Halo's makes no sense. Why the hell would a gun just be up there? Halo is supposed to take place in "real life," Smash does not.

The soccer ball is just an easter egg that you can play with if you're playing co-op with a friend. Roy owns.
a.k.a does nothing of value. Falco is better.

Smash Melee is not a "total rewrite" as you said. Otherwise the controls would be different. Tell me how Smash is a total rewrite and I'll let you know why you're wrong. And Halo 2 technically is Halo 1 with better things added on such as new storyline, more weapons, enhanced graphics, new multiplayer maps, more customization, and better online play(the list goes on). Super smash is technically the same, just not as many upgrades.

Melee is a total rewrite because the graphics were enhanced ENORMOUSLY. Extra moves were added. Way, way more strategy and physics defying (wavedash, ledge hogging, etc.). Tournament mode, trophies, snapshots, data on everything ever. Two more single player modes in addition to 4 stadiums and the many missions, a crapload of new characters, every character having new moves (and the old moves were changed in their strength and movement petterns), more depth like crazy hand, and only 3 stages in the game that were actually from the N64 version. 26 original new stages, not to mention the extra stages like target test and home runs. Tons of new items. Controls are totally different because the controller is different. Not to mention it was written for an entirely new console, not just ported over and tweaked. So I guess that doesn't make it a total rewrite. Huh. I thought it did.

Halo's storyline is a trilogy, I believe. So no, it isn't new. Also who cares, all you do is shoot things. I could be illiterate and deaf and have just as much fun if not more. New weapons are definitely there but fail to innovate. Enhanced graphics? No, it's the same darn game, except when you look at Master Chief's armor, you can see shininess or something pointless like that. Customization? Examples plox. Online play? 10 YEAR OLDS. So, yes, they took the same exact game, gave you some new levels, guns, and like 4 vehicles, but that's it. It's Halo 1 with some more guns and stages. The code and engine remain virtually unchanged.

However, Brawl is definitely borrowing from Melee's engine. But will still be better than Halo 3. December 3rd. BE THERE OR BE TRIANGULAR.
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 08:41:04 am »

READ THIS 'CAUSE THIS POST WILL RUIN ALL OF CHAO'S

Rewriting:

Codec from N64- Gamecube = Complete revision.

Codec from GC to Wii = Not a complete revision, but a bit of one

Codec from Xbox to Xbox = OSHI~

That's why Halo 1 and Halo 2 are really closely similar. They have the same engine. New things like guns, better ragdoll, better obphys, and better texturing were added. Also note that running Halo 1 and Halo 2 is indefinitely easy because of the amazingly lowpoly models and textures.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not all for Halo. I just don't think it's the wash-up game that you claim it to be. Whenever I here people call themselves 'gamers' because they are 'ownage' at Halo or Gears on XBL, I wanna grab them, shake them, and jam some Zelda and a GameBoy down their sheltered mouths. I DEFINITELY say it's overrated, and I agree that it's not as well made of a game as Smash.

However, since the playstyle is so fast and smooth, and the surprisingly loose physics systems allows for games to always be fun, especially with friends. This isn't a game that I would pay for to play online, but it is a game that I enjoy playing with you guys at sleepovers or such like.
Report Spam   Logged

Zro
Knee-Key-Tah
Global Moderator
Squire

"Art is resistance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 03:14:37 pm »

Whenever I here people call themselves 'gamers' because they are 'ownage' at Halo or Gears on XBL
Oh ho, don't get me started on those people. In my multimedia class there was this amazingly annoying little medget kid that sat in my row, and one day when I wore my "die, n00b." shirt... he walked up to me and started babbaling about, "What!, You calling me a n00b, i will pwn you in Halo ****, yea. Thats right. I'll frag you so hard. Your the n00b!" Yea, take note that this was like during class and he has quite a loud high pitched voice. It was funny and sad at the same time.
Report Spam   Logged

BlazingWyvern
Administrator
Squire

Blade Mage of Fyrani

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 05:04:10 pm »

Halo is a tad overrated but it's just one of the most identifiable shooter games out at the moment.

But let me just act like you are, but towards Smash.

Playability: Side-scrolling fighting game where you got launched off the edge of a cliff

Story: BEAT PEOPLE SENSELESSLY!

Easter eggs: GAME CHARACTERS NO ONE CARES ABOUT AS TROPHIES!

Glitches: One massively overrated glitch.

(I don't feel that way about the game, but that's EXACTLY what you're doing)
Report Spam   Logged

Hermit Solmu
Administrator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 09:09:05 pm »

HAY CHAO

I KNOW MORE ABOUT 3D GRAPHICS, ART, AND RENDERING THAN YOU DO

SO TO ATTACK YOUR POST ABOUT 'ADDED SHININESS'

Halo 1: Very, VERY well made low poly-models that were disguised unbelievably well with above average textures, making for a game requiring low memory and low processing power. That was AMAZING when it came out. Before Halo, everyone thought that making better graphics would forever and always require some heavy duty equipment. People still think that, but now you see games like BF2142 and your precious Super Smash Bros: Brawl, that have found that you can make amazing graphics with low memory models. Before Halo, you got high-power games, an example being the Morrowind series. So, completely revolutionary. Game play was great because it was quick, but the main breaker was its revolutionary graphics. Game = Overrated, Turning point in the gaming market = Not.

Halo 2: An extension on what was already awesome. They managed to once again point out that you can make games amazing, and still play them on systems that most people think can't handle. Microsoft made an amazing amount of money, and also proved that skilled artists were more important than powerful machines. Don't bash Halo: It made gaming what it is today.

Cheesy

EDIT: However, the gameplay overall, taking content, creativity, and innovation into consideration, is WAY overrated. Smash is better by far, because it proved that gameplay is more important than fancy graphics. The PS3 currently tries to prove that wrong. WHOOPS
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 09:10:34 pm by Hermit Solmu » Report Spam   Logged

ArkofCovenant
Keeper of the Sacred Words
Squire

Internets: -27

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 05:22:04 pm »

ok. wtf is up with you people in glitches and easter eggs?
do you buy a game for its glitches and easter eggs?? when you sit down to play a game do you decide which based on glitches and easter eggs?

as for a storyline- smash bros has absolutely no storyline. its still a good game. a great game. but no story line. however crappy you think the halo storyline is, it cant be any worse than NO storyline.

as for graphics- smash bros is inferior, but I dont care. as long as it looks decent and the effects dont distract from gameplay, it doesnt matter that much to me. although I do sort of start drooling when I see really nice looking games.

as for gameplay- gameplay is what does it for me. the gameplay in both SSBM and in Halo 2 are phenomenal. The best of the best. one is an arcade style fighter, the other is a FPS. 2 very different genres.

there. I proved using logic that halo is just as good as smash bros if not better.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum